D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Andreas Hanuschek
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Postby Andreas Hanuschek » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:15 pm

Sorry I am late and I have only one video managed. On the weekend there is more of me, I hope.
But it is a start :)

SiSiRe

Youtube
Andreas (Bremerhaven/Germany)

Binh NguyenKhac

Postby Binh NguyenKhac » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:51 am

Andreas Hanuschek wrote:Sorry I am late and I have only one video managed. On the weekend there is more of me, I hope.
But it is a start :)

SiSiRe

Perfect Andreas :bravo: . You keep the beat steady, again good job.
Oh, one more thing: try to relax your left hand, here is Lucian's video. Notice his left hand, so relax, gentle touch :lol: and then compare to yours.

Youtube

@ Lucian
Lucian Bistreanu wrote:Hi everybody, sorry for the delay, sorry for the interpretation, but I got nothing better at this moment :(

Leccion 5a
You have problem with the rhythm, try to count out loud the beat or use metronome. Keep it up Lucian

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 pm

@ Lucian
Lucian Bistreanu wrote:Hi everybody, sorry for the delay, sorry for the interpretation, but I got nothing better at this moment :(

Leccion 5a
You have problem with the rhythm, try to count out loud the beat or use metronome. Keep it up Lucian[/quote]

Binh, it seems to me the hardest, since the start. I'm doing the counting out loud, the metronome and even both. I just need more practice and that's what I intend to do. Thank you,
Lucian

Georgi Chernishov

Postby Georgi Chernishov » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello guys,

I promise I will record this tune once again. So far that's what I have. Binh, what can you say about my left hand?

Youtube

Binh NguyenKhac

Postby Binh NguyenKhac » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Georgi Chernishov wrote:Hello guys,

I promise I will record this tune once again. So far that's what I have. Binh, what can you say about my left hand?

Great work Georgi :bravo: . Nice and relax left hand, all the hard practice pays off, eh :lol:
Next step: deal with your right hand ring finger. You can do it :discussion:

Binh NguyenKhac

Postby Binh NguyenKhac » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:39 pm

John Montes wrote:Hi Binh, very nice work and execution keeping time :bravo:
Re: buzz reduction in the piece, try lifting the fretting finger slightly higher above the string until reaching the next note then depress the string and sound the note.

In some of the buzz note examples, the noise appears to coming from the slide of a fretting finger on the string as a position shift is occurring. The treble strings (nylon) are more quiet not as noticeable, but the 3 bass strings (wound string) add extra squeaks :-)

Thanks for the tip, John. I appreciate that, guess I have to pay more attention and practice more. :merci:

Andreas Hanuschek

Postby Andreas Hanuschek » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Hello Binh,
thanks for your tip. I will pay attention on my left hand. I just wanted to publish a new video, but no chance. Too many mistakes. I will practice more too. May I will try it on thursday

By the way Binh, your videos are excellent

@Georgi: I like it, so far I am not yet
Andreas (Bremerhaven/Germany)

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:51 am

Hi everybody,
here is another try of Leccion 5a. Not what I wanted but just a little bit better than my first version, I think, with same rhythm problems as always :)
Leccion 5a v2

Youtube

and
Lo, nous marchons sur un étroit chemin v2

Youtube

Nitin Nepali

Postby Nitin Nepali » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:17 am

Clear sound..

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:41 am

Lucian Bistreanu wrote:Hi everybody,
here is another try of Leccion 5a. Not what I wanted but just a little bit better than my first version, I think, with same rhythm problems as always :)

It's getting a little better :-)
For the tempo/rhythm issues, some of these pointers may help

Re-check some of the notes in Lo, nous marchon, there are a few that sound a semi-tone below the notated value.
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

Rodaan Peralta

Postby Rodaan Peralta » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:34 am

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay. Here are my recordings. Been busy!

SI SI RE

Youtube

Good-morning to all

Youtube

Leccion 5a

Youtube

Lo, nous marchons sur un étroit chemin

Youtube
Where words fail, music speaks.
-Hans Christian Andersen

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 am

John Montes wrote:
Lucian Bistreanu wrote:Hi everybody,

It's getting a little better :-)
For the tempo/rhythm issues, some of these pointers may help

Re-check some of the notes in Lo, nous marchon, there are a few that sound a semi-tone below the notated value.

Thank you John, thanks for the pointers too, very helpful, now it's up to me to make good use of them. :D
I'll re-check the other things too.
:merci:

Lucian Bistreanu

Postby Lucian Bistreanu » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:25 am

Rodaan Peralta wrote:Hi Everyone!

Sorry for the delay. Here are my recordings. Been busy!

Rodaan it seems to me, that you are on the right chemin :)
Great effort, not there yet (me too ) , we just need to keep on going same way.
:bravo:

Georgi Chernishov

Postby Georgi Chernishov » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 am

Hello hello! Here is my last submission for Lesson 3. There's a buzzing sound and a delay in playing but I think it doesn't sound very bad :)

Youtube

Dustin McKinney

Postby Dustin McKinney » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:00 am

John Montes wrote:
Binh NguyenKhac wrote:Hi classmates, , here's my videos for our 3rd lesson. I appreciate your feedback :) I have a question though: how to reduce the buzz created by friction when moving left hand fingers from a fret to another one, especially in my "Lo, nous marchons sur un étroit chemin" video. I hate this awful sound!

Hi Binh, very nice work and execution keeping time :bravo:
Re: buzz reduction in the piece, try lifting the fretting finger slightly higher above the string until reaching the next note then depress the string and sound the note.

In some of the buzz note examples, the noise appears to coming from the slide of a fretting finger on the string as a position shift is occurring. The treble strings (nylon) are more quiet not as noticeable, but the 3 bass strings (wound string) add extra squeaks :-)

Also, the position of the guitar is effecting the movement of your left hand. You have crowded your fingers. Try getting the guitar onto your opposite leg. Use either a footstool or a guitar case to angle the heck closer to your check. This will give your left hand and arm a wider range of motion and a lot more freedom. Also, your left thumb is curled around the heck instead of behind.

If you move the guitar and thumb, your fingers will naturally space out, and you won't have to slide every time you switch from LH finger 2 to LH finger 3. It looks like the position is causing you to have to move your LH much more than necessary.

BTW, I love the consistency of the right hand. You have a great natural feel for the beat, and you are evenly distributing your stokes! :bravo:
Kremona Fiesta FC

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”