D02 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Colin Bullock

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Colin Bullock » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 am

David Florea wrote:something happened to my video. ill resubmit it tomorro. sorry
Do you mean Soleras? It looks OK to me, might have been temp glitch.

David Florea
Student of the online lessons

Post by David Florea » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 pm

no my data ran out. incomplete piece.

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Nice effort everyone!
Johnathan and Binh, if I may suggest... Play as if you are playing to someone sitting a meter in front of you.

The Soleares is on its way.

Atoye:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:21 pm

Soleares is struggle to maintain consistency. I could easily work on this another month or more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Salvatore Lovinello wrote:Soleares is struggle to maintain consistency. I could easily work on this another month or more.
In the 2nd bar you play the tied G# and B at 2x speed, should be same as 1st bar.

Jonathan Lamb

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:33 pm

Hello Sal!
"Play as if you are playing to someone sitting a meter in front of you." ~~~ What a n I c e thought!
" I could easily work on this another month or more"
Yup, I'm still trying , between rise-and-fall of form, the day job and everything else, to do justice to the Soleares..
Last edited by Jonathan Lamb on Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan Lamb

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Well I definitely enjoyed listening to your pieces Sal. Well done for paying attention to each individual note in Soleares (and A Toye too) if I may say so, this is a trait, which I will try to emulate in my own playing.
:bravo:

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank you Jonathan. I am not worthy...

Jonathan Lamb

A misprint?

Post by Jonathan Lamb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:14 pm

A misprint? Does anybody agree with me that the 8-pointed damping snowflake on p. 74 (Gamme chromatique), measure 13; is wrongly positioned and should, in fact be at the start of measure 14???

Salvatore Lovinello

Post by Salvatore Lovinello » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:21 pm

It may be a misprint in the sense that it isn't necessary. The G# rest stroke with the thumb would damp the open A and it can be argued that the same is true for measure 12.

Colin Bullock

Re: A misprint?

Post by Colin Bullock » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:00 am

Jonathan Lamb wrote:A misprint? Does anybody agree with me that the 8-pointed damping snowflake on p. 74 (Gamme chromatique), measure 13; is wrongly positioned and should, in fact be at the start of measure 14???
Looks like it should be over the G#. Thumb to damp coming off the G# as Salvatore says.

Jenni Gribble

Post by Jenni Gribble » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 am

Hello all! I had to sit out this month due to a bad virus that hit me about mid-month. I had been making progress on both pieces, but I was sick for about 2 weeks and when I picked my guitar back up, I had lost some strength in my playing muscles (both physical and mental). I will join you again for December, as I am now working on the pieces for lesson 4.

I listened/watched your submissions and I agree with the suggestions. I found A Toye difficult to play using the rest stroke exclusively--but that's the usual for me. I hope that someday the rest stroke will begin to come easier for me.

Binh NguyenKhac

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:47 am

:( Hope you get well soon, can't wait to watch your song and your cute dogs. :casque:

Tom Hayes

Post by Tom Hayes » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Hi all. I delayed posting this as I just couldn't get the hang of Soleares, so I'm posting my best attempt with a very noticeable mistake at the end. I couldn't help that exasperated look I'm afraid, but things were going ok until I got near the end :) My damping was better than this, but it seems as soon as I start recording myself that all goes out the window! Anyway, here are my best efforts from today.

A TOYE:

Youtube

SOLEARES:

Youtube

Binh NguyenKhac

Post by Binh NguyenKhac » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:19 am

Tom Hayes wrote:Hi all. I delayed posting this as I just couldn't get the hang of Soleares, so I'm posting my best attempt with a very noticeable mistake at the end. I couldn't help that exasperated look I'm afraid, but things were going ok until I got near the end :) My damping was better than this, but it seems as soon as I start recording myself that all goes out the window! Anyway, here are my best efforts from today.
Ahhhhh, the death stare in the end :lol: that's the right way to move your audiences. Don't worry though, we all make mistakes. But the thing I find strange is your right hand. Your ring and little finger shape are awkward. Your little finger straights like a arrow, it needs to be curled like a banana. Your ring finger moves sideways, that's strange. Normally when you pluck your ring finger, it moves up and down, but you tend to move it sideways.
Behold my artistic painting skill :lol:

http://www.upsieutoc.com/image/ReV0SE

Here's a video from Andrei, watch his right hand. I learn a lot from him.

Youtube
Last edited by Binh NguyenKhac on Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”