D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Dennis Stewart
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:25 pm

Angela Zhao wrote:Hi Dennis
:bravo:
The Prelude opus 114 n°7 , you play very good, I think you play more fluent than me, especially from bar 18 to the end, you transit very good, not any gap.

Petite etude
on bar 9, the E duration is too long, you play it not eighth, but dotted eighth, and at the end of the song, you miss the bar 26, I watch your video, you play bar 25 then to bar 27.
And the harmonic you played very good, very clean and clear, I play it alomst not can be heard.Do you have good methods? :D
The whole song you play it very musically, I like it!
congratulation!:)
Hi Angela, thank you for the commets, they are very valuable! You are right, i forgot bar 26 on Petit etude. How did that happen??? I need to listen to Mr. Delcamps performances more often while learning a song and keep better focus on the notation.

With the harmonics its a bit of a gamble at the moment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but is ts getting better. At the beginning the biggest issue was to get the volume loud enough. I try to use more fingernails than on my normal palying and pick the strings harder. I guess keep on practicing is key. The harmonics on your first Petit etude were really good and i noticed that you struggled a bit on the second recording.

Dennis Stewart
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Dennis Stewart » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Ok, here it is. I am far from being happy with it, but i have to get it out and concentrate on the next lesson. Especially the Arpegios are very badly played. I just couldent get consistent with them.


Youtube

abel
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by abel » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:52 pm

Dennis Stewart
Hello;
I have good comments for you. Very well. Good job.

Grettings

User avatar
Rick Beauregard
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 849
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:23 am
Location: Blaine, WA

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Rick Beauregard » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Dennis Stewart wrote:
Angela Zhao wrote:Hi Dennis
And the harmonic you played very good, very clean and clear, I play it alomst not can be heard.Do you have good methods? :D
The whole song you play it very musically, I like it!
congratulation!:)
With the harmonics its a bit of a gamble at the moment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but is ts getting better. At the beginning the biggest issue was to get the volume loud enough. I try to use more fingernails than on my normal palying and pick the strings harder. I guess keep on practicing is key. The harmonics on your first Petit etude were really good and i noticed that you struggled a bit on the second recording.
For Harmonics, I've discovered (on my guitar at least) that when I pluck the string closer to the bridge I often get a clearer, louder harmonic.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Dennis Stewart
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

abel wrote:Dennis Stewart
Hello;
I have good comments for you. Very well. Good job.

Grettings
Hi Abel, thank you very much for your kind comment! :D

Dennis Stewart
Student of the online lessons
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:22 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Dennis Stewart » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Rick Beauregard wrote:
Dennis Stewart wrote:
Angela Zhao wrote:Hi Dennis
And the harmonic you played very good, very clean and clear, I play it alomst not can be heard.Do you have good methods? :D
The whole song you play it very musically, I like it!
congratulation!:)
With the harmonics its a bit of a gamble at the moment. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont, but is ts getting better. At the beginning the biggest issue was to get the volume loud enough. I try to use more fingernails than on my normal palying and pick the strings harder. I guess keep on practicing is key. The harmonics on your first Petit etude were really good and i noticed that you struggled a bit on the second recording.
For Harmonics, I've discovered (on my guitar at least) that when I pluck the string closer to the bridge I often get a clearer, louder harmonic.
Thanks for the tip Rick. I tried it out and it works for me! Much appreciated.

Nitin Nepali
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:48 pm

Re: D04 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Nitin Nepali » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:35 am

Getting better. I like your finger movements and agility.
Keep up the good work!!

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 7 guests