D05 Classical guitar lesson 06

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Angela Zhao
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Angela Zhao » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:38 am

Happy birthday Rick!

Hi Esteban
Your Sagreras is really good! :bravo:
You have good melodey!
Rick give you a very good tips,wish you have a good travel!

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:30 am

Hi classmate
This is my assignments, for "Julian Arcas Manuelito, waltz" I made lots of records,but there always have mistakes here and there, so sorry for some mistakes. Thanks lot!
Juliàn Arcas (1832-1882) Manuelito, waltz

Youtube

Julio Sagreras (1879-1942) Lecciones III n°7

Youtube

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Well done Angela, the waltz requires some more practice for mastering the changes and the musicality, but it is a hard one. I struggle also with the noises when changing the chords in the first bars; if anyone has a tip; this would be welcome

We can hear that you worked the arpeggios fro
m Sagregas and the Lecciones sound swift and clear

:bravo:
D05 - French Forum

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Dear colleagues, here's my version of the Sagreras Leccione III n°7; I did privilege the sound versus speed, this time

Youtube

Thanks
Last edited by vincent martin on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D05 - French Forum

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:07 pm

And now, something more difficult, Manuelito, from Arcas, please consider as a work in progress, there are still progress to better render it, without mistakes

Youtube

Thanks for listening
D05 - French Forum

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi everyone, looks like it's been a busy Sunday for most of us. Here are my first takes of the pieces. Last year, I didn't manage to record either of these, so even though they need a lot more work, I'm pleased I've kept going...
I've had a quick listen to the excellent contributions above, enough to realise that I've been playing m32 in manuelito completely wrong, playing a D instead of E!

Juliàn Arcas (1832-1882) Manuelito, waltz

Youtube

Julio Sagreras (1879-1942) Leccione III n°7

Youtube

I might try to memorize the Sagreras piece to avoid the complete stall at around m12 I think.
As ever, they both need to be played at a higher tempo....

I'll listen again to your pieces and see if I can make some useful suggestions.
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Wow! :bravo: to both Angela and Vincent. Your work on these pieces shows very well.

Angela I am so impressed with how you played the arpeggio section in Manuelito. The third section has a tricky rhythm, which needs some attention. Your Sagreras piece was well executed with good tempo.

Vincent you made me conscious of the squeaks by your comment on the intro to Manuelito. I'll experiment and let you know if I find some solutions. You played both pieces very well, and you nailed that rhythm in the third section of Manuelito. Very nice expression in Sagreras.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:23 pm

:bravo: to Esteban, Angela and Vincent.

Esteban, I really enjoyed your Sagreras. Apart from a slight variation on the fingering in m14 (probably just a slip - I usually have many), my only other comment is that the fingering in m12 and m15 (finger 3) detracts a bit from the fluidity of the rest. As for coming to England from Spain at this time of year; don't forget a winter coat along with your guitar! :D

Angela, impressive technique as ever and I might look at your fingering in m38 of manuelito, it looks a good option. I would like to see more rubato in your pieces. Your tempos are usually so fast I'm sure you could afford to 'borrow' a little time. In the Sagreras for example, you actually play the piece faster than M. Delcamp, but if you listen he brings out the top notes, and particularly those shown accented, by giving them just a little more 'space'.

Vincent, really nice job. Your Sagreras is how my version sounds in my head. Whereas my falls apart when my fingers get involved, yours stays true!
I enjoyed the manuelito too. It was listening to your version that I suddenly realised I was playing m32 wrong. It may be me again, but something sounds a little odd for the middle notes of m67. I wouldn't spend too long looking though - it might just be me!
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:41 pm

Ok, Vincent I think, 1. your mic is particularly sensitive to the squeaks in the intro section. and 2. I tried to lift my finger off the wound strings and use the finger on the nylon as my guide to try and minimize the squeak, but maybe not so effectively. More practice.

Stewart, I did the same thing as you. I was playing M18, 26 wrong (D# - E) until I heard our colleagues. I was able to correct for my recording.

On Manuelito, I managed through a few mistakes and didn't lose a beat, then completely botched the ending. I'll try to record another sometime before the end of the month, and pick up the tempo a bit too. Same with the Sagreras. Here's my work:

Youtube

Youtube
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Angela Zhao

Post by Angela Zhao » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:24 am

Thanks for your all comments, it's very valued for me.

Vincent :bravo: your two versions are really good, very fluent and with good tone, it looks you play it effortlessly. your arpeggio are also good.

Stewart well done, though slow ,but you make every notes clean and clear, through more practice you can master it.

Rick you always full of confidence, and you paly it seems without tension, so there are little mistake,
and you have a very good rhythm.

Thank your for all versions, it let me have opptunity to learn from your.
:merci:

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi Stewart:
You have a very regular way of playing; both for the velocity and sound, quite clear. One thing did strike me particularly in the Sagregas: your left thumb position. It seems sometime very high, like for a folk guitar, but here, it removes you some useful space for the other fingers (4) and you have to change drastically your left hand positions, which will be difficult at a higher tempo.
D05 - French Forum

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi Rick
We can hear that you try to remove the noise in the waltz, your mic is also sensitive
I enjoy your way of playing; you think musicality and rendering :casque: , which makes it enjoyable to listen. You're concentrated, and your walking cat didn't disturb you :D
and you know what to work now: both ends, it is the most important part of the pieces as that's what we have left before you stop
D05 - French Forum

Esteban Crespi

Post by Esteban Crespi » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:41 pm

Hi all I write just to comment that the trip went nicely I even could manage some time to play the guitar, so it was worth the effort.

In case it might be useful, I went in Brittish Airways and returned in Iberia, and both companies allow you to travel with the guitar as handbag. Following Rick advice I asked In both cases to let me place the guitar in one of the wardrobes, (to avoid other passangers damaging it with their suitcases). I had no problem at all.

Now I have to get up to date with the lessons, I see you have all uploaded both lessons, I'll try to hear them as soon as possible.

Ruggero D'Elia

Post by Ruggero D'Elia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:Ok, Vincent I think, 1. your mic is particularly sensitive to the squeaks in the intro section. and 2. I tried to lift my finger off the wound strings and use the finger on the nylon as my guide to try and minimize the squeak, but maybe not so effectively. More practice.

Stewart, I did the same thing as you. I was playing M18, 26 wrong (D# - E) until I heard our colleagues. I was able to correct for my recording.

On Manuelito, I managed through a few mistakes and didn't lose a beat, then completely botched the ending. I'll try to record another sometime before the end of the month, and pick up the tempo a bit too. Same with the Sagreras. Here's my work:

Youtube

Youtube
I like your playing Rick . Best compliments!!
:bravo: :bravo:
:bye:
Ruggero

Ruggero D'Elia

Post by Ruggero D'Elia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 am

vincent martin wrote:Dear colleagues, here's my version of the Sagreras Leccione III n°7; I did privilege the sound versus speed, this time

Youtube

Thanks
I enjoyed your performance Vincent :bravo: :bravo:
You can only do better :casque:
:bye:
Ruggero

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”