D05 Classical guitar lesson 06

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Esteban Crespi
Student of the online lessons

Re: D05 Classical guitar lesson 06

Post by Esteban Crespi » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Hello, after hearing your recordings, I'm a little ashamed of uploading my Manuelito :oops:, however I' not completely dissatisfied with it, when I first heard it I though "this time I'm not going to be able to play it", but now I don't see it so impossible anymore, so that's an improvement!

Youtube

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:58 pm

Esteban Crespi wrote:Hello, after hearing your recordings, I'm a little ashamed of uploading my Manuelito :oops:, however I' not completely dissatisfied with it, when I first heard it I though "this time I'm not going to be able to play it", but now I don't see it so impossible anymore, so that's an improvement!

Youtube
You're too hard on yourself, Esteban. It is quite good really. I have no advice other than more practice. I start every lesson thinking "I'll never be able to play that." But we're proving anything is possible. For a little encouragement once in a while I go back and listen to the pieces from previous lessons to see how far we've come. Keep practicing!
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Stewart Doyle

Post by Stewart Doyle » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi everyone

Well played Rick and Esteban. I really enjoyed listening to both of you, and you are definitely being too hard on yourself Esteban. I think Rick and I are both striving to play consistently at a higher tempo but I notice that your Manuelito is about 40 seconds shorter than my last recordings below.
I thought I had made quite a bit of progress with both pieces, but when it came down to recording, the tension set in.
So, here are my final attempts at these pieces. Compared to last year I have made two major advances, which are probably linked. I put enough effort in to actually enjoy playing the pieces and managed to make a recording of both.

D05 Lesson 6 - Julio Sagreras (1879-1942) Leccione III n°7

Youtube

Juliàn Arcas (1832-1882) Manuelito, waltz

Youtube

PS Vincent - you are right about my left thumb problem. Even though it was about 30+ years since I played electric guitar regularly I think it's a habit from then! I'm trying to work on it.....
Alhambra 11P Spruce
Antonio Lorca 3605 Cedar

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:56 pm

Well done Stewart. I love the wry smile after the first attempt at the scale section in Manuelito. And you nailed the ending!

You're right on with respect to my challenge with tempo. It is always the last thing I try to tackle, after simply learning the dots and then playing it musically. Only then do I try to push the tempo up to or beyond the recommended speed. But that takes more time for me than a month, typically. In some cases I may be able to play it faster but not musically, so I slow it down a bit for performance video. The last couple lessons have had some tough pieces to play at tempo. When I look back on my past year, I see some improvement with playing better tempo but it's a work in progress.
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Ruggero D'Elia wrote: I enjoyed your performance Vincent :bravo: :bravo:
You can only do better :casque:
:bye:
Ruggero
Thanks for this rewarding comment :oops:
D05 - French Forum

vincent martin

Post by vincent martin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:37 pm

I was not happy about Manuelito; so gave him another chance. Am I more satisfied? Just a little, can do better with more time

Youtube
D05 - French Forum

Rick Beauregard

Post by Rick Beauregard » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

:bravo:
Great tempo. Good rhythm. Great interpretation. Just a few picky flubs. Very nice.
1980 Dauphin D30
_/) _/)
_/)

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”