D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Craig McCallum
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by Craig McCallum » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:24 am

Apologies for not being around much this month - after being late getting started on this month's lessons, I was sick for a week, and we've had decorators in the house this week, so not much time for practicing/recording.

I'll try to get videos up this weekend - they're likely to be a little rough since I've had limited practice time this month.

Yucel Kamcez

Post by Yucel Kamcez » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Juan M Silva wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:27 pm
Yucel Kamcez wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:30 pm
Hi, everyone,

Have a nice day! I hadn't enough time to make practise but i tried to do my best. I hope you gonna enjoy

Sincerely,
Yucel
WOW! :shock:
For someone who didn't have enough time to practice, you got homeruns on these pieces!
Thank you for posting all of the exercises, there is a nice consistency on your work. 'Leccion 5a' was a beautiful execution.
I do have an observation, and it is not related to the quality of tone I perceived.
For the 'Chemim' piece, I noticed that you opted to not go with the thumb (P) on the base strings. Any particular reason for opting to go i,m on those?
In my case, I ended up using i,m on the 7th bar when going from that G to the F and E. Making that transition from i,m to P was a train wreck for me every time. I'll continue practicing that transition.
I have been tinkering around with the 'Sagreras First Lessons', and in those first lessons the upper strings are also played with i,m. The P is introduced later in the book. So, the i,m fingering is comfortable for me too.
Great work!!

Warm Regards,
Juan
Hi Juan & Angela and of course, all friends!

Many times i see your positive comments and I couldn't respond to your comments in time. I am sorry for this. Indeed, i had many personal obligations this month. I try to follow your works. I am learning many things in your comments and i am aware of my playing in the problems about right hand using. For instance, I find it easier to use thumb for base string. No any other special reason for that. I realize that this might cause problems in the future. I see you everyone putting serious effort to play correctly and it makes me happy. Because i know the music is a serious hobby and i feel we are in the right way together.

With my best wishes,
Yucel

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:52 pm

I 2nd Craig's dilemma.

Not so much as bad health or other people taking my time,... I'm just busy loving the fine fall weather and all it offers.

I hope to catch up but probably not before the end of the year.
James
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (D28, MC28, D12-28, J-40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”