D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
James A. Showalter
Student of the online lessons

Re: D01 Classical guitar lesson 03

Post by James A. Showalter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Jules,
I get the arrow for your videos but when I select it the video is not available. Also, there is no indication of the video in the window as in mine and other peoples submissions. Some kind of glitch either on my end or yours, not sure.

I was wondering if you had noted my rigid control of the protrusive index finger in my re-submission. I fixed it though my method is hardly an accomplishment.

Happy New Year!
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (D28, MC28, D12-28, J-40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:50 pm

James:
I had them set as "private" instead of "unlisted". I guess that explains why I cannot see several of our fellow student's submissions. I have corrected them now. If you hadn't pointed this out I never would have known!

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:14 am

Jules,
Your play is very good. I cannot comment beyond an appreciation for your participation in this group.
James
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Les Paul

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Nice work everyone and wishing all a very happy new year.
The exam submissions listing is updated now with everyone's contributions
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 am

Thanks John.
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Les Paul

Jeffrey Wijnans

Post by Jeffrey Wijnans » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:49 pm

Leccion 5a almost killed me but im still here. Trying to catch up with the main group. :discussion:

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Jules Wilkins

Post by Jules Wilkins » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:44 am

Hey Jeffrey, your guitar sounds so much better that I had to go back to lesson 2 to see if you got yourself a new one. Good job on solving your technical issues. :lol:
Catching up is good, but be cautious about going too fast. Each lesson builds upon the previous one and we are dealing with foundational skills here, so you don't want to gloss over any of the material. I am not green to the guitar but I am starting in D01 because I want to repair my foundation and I am have had a tough time with every lesson. Please don't read anything between the lines here because I think you are doing great. Perhaps the best advice is simply to keep reviewing the previous material with the goal of perfecting it as you forge ahead.
Speaking of broken foundations, on my first submission Yucel was good enough to point out the incorrect position of my left thumb, a trait that is obvious in your submissions too. Yucel was more diplomatic than I will be by suggesting that it seems to work for me and is thus perhaps OK. I tried valiantly to fix my left hand but as soon as I concentrated on some other aspect there it was peaking around the neck to see what his brothers were doing. In desperation I stuck a piece of foam tape on the back of my neck. Now any time Thumper starts to stray he is reminded to get back into position. These basic positions are so important to get right from the start.

Jeffrey Wijnans

Post by Jeffrey Wijnans » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:23 am

I guess the tumb is an old habit from playing electric style guitar. Rushing is something I need to be aware off, as of right now the quality of my playing is effected by it. As always Jules your input is much appreciated!

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”