D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D02.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D02.
- page 75 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) GAMMES - SCALE - SCALES – ESCALAS
numbers 9, 10 and 12. Be sure to damp the notes properly in the descending passages. To damp the notes in the descending passages: lean the fingers of the left hand against the vibrating strings. Work on controlling the volume by playing crescendo and decrescendo.

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Next we'll work on two pieces by Carulli:
- pages 22-23 Ferdinando CARULLI (1770-1841) ARPEGGI DI TRE NOTE
ARPEGGI DI TRE NOTE consists of three sections of eight bars each, the third section being identical to the first. Thus it has an A-B-A structure, also called ternary form.

Youtube

Youtube

- page 50 Ferdinand CARULLI (1770-1841) VALSE en la majeur
There are numerous repetitions, so vary the tone colour to avoid monotony. To obtain different tone colours, play:
- over the soundhole (the sound volume is at its best here and you get a good balance between the bass and treble notes);
- over the fingerboard (the sound here is softer, closer to the that of a clarinet, and the basses are softened);
- near the bridge (the sound here is more metallic, and becomes close to that of the harpsichord, the basses are strengthened and the trebles weakened).

Youtube

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
- page 75 number 10 Scale of E minor with crescendo and decrescendo
- pages 22-23 Ferdinando CARULLI (1770-1841) ARPEGGI DI TRE NOTE
- page 50 Ferdinand CARULLI (1770-1841) VALSE en la majeur

Good luck!

I thank Geoff (GeoffB) who has helped in the translation of my lessons into English.

Jean-François

---

Exam qualifying submissions:

Scale of E minor with crescendo and decrescendo
ARPEGGI DI TRE NOTE
VALSE en la majeur
:( + ♫ = :)

Ed Butler
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 04

Post by Ed Butler » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:32 pm

First rough cuts

Scales

Youtube

ARPEGGI - my focus here was just to keep fingers moving and left fingers light, stumbled a few place i.e from C to G7, missed damping

Youtube

VALSE - my focus here was on the count 1-2-3, again a few stumbles, missed damping

Youtube

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”