Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Suzanne Geraci
Student of the online lessons

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:52 pm

Thank you Geoff and John....
Suzanne Geraci

Suzanne Geraci

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:52 am

Hello,
I requested to be registered for the lessons and I thought my request was approved, but I am still unable to gain access to the lessons. Please help...
Thanks,
Suzanne Geraci

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 am

Suzanne Geraci wrote:Hello,
I requested to be registered for the lessons and I thought my request was approved, but I am still unable to gain access to the lessons. Please help...
Thanks,
Suzanne Geraci
Are you unable to access the workbooks for D01, D02..?

If yes, then its a matter of subscribing to the 002 messages group

In the User Control Panel > Usergroups area there are various groups you can elect to join. On that page look for "002 messages group", click the radio button and submit.

The User Control Panel is accessible from a drop-down menu when you click on your name in the upper-right side of the screen next to the "private messages link"
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 am

2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Suzanne Geraci

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:56 am

Hi John,
Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions, but I only saw the 020 messages group. That isn't the group you meant, was it?
Suzanne

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:24 am

Please excuse me for butting in, but the 002 group was abolished recently, and members should now automatically get the same privileges after their second message has been approved.

As far as I can see, Suzanne, you should be able to access the relevant material, so maybe you are looking in the wrong place. If you go to this page, and click on the blue link that says "delcamp_d01___2014-06-01.pdf" (immediately underneath the red heading "LEVEL D01"), you should get a pop-up option to open or save the file. Likewise for the blue links below the other levels on that page. Does that work for you?

Those are the scores you will need. The lessons themselves are all separate topics within this forum, for instance the first lesson for level 1 can be found here.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Suzanne Geraci

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Thank you so much for your help! This does work... I am so new here, I am still trying to understand how everything works, and where things are. Thanks, again...

Suzanne Geraci

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Hi Geoff,
When I click on the links you have given me, it works, but when I try on my own to go to the Control Panel, etc., I receive a message that I do not have permission to see the lessons. It seems that maybe using an Apple computer or iPad might not be compatible... (?) I don't really know, but I will have to save your links so I don't end up back where I was.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Two things come to mind, Suzanne. Firstly, when you talk about going up to the control panel, I'm not quite sure what you mean. To navigate to the scores yourself, you would start at the main forum page here, then scroll down to where it says "Scores for classical guitar - D01, D02, D03" and click on that link, then scroll down again and click on the link that says "Collection of scores for guitar - Levels D01 to D03". That should take you to the page I gave you before. You will also find a direct link to it at the beginning of each of the lessons.

Another thing is that if you have been accessing the forum via more than one device, for instance sometimes an Apple computer and sometimes an iPad, without logging off, it may be that you were only actually connected via one of them. On the other one, it may look as if you are connected, because you will see your name on the list of those online, etc., but you won't be able to download files, because the database regards you as not connected on that particular device but only on the other one. The solution is to make sure you log off on both devices, and preferably clear your cookies both on the devices and on the forum (using the "Delete all board cookies") link near the bottom right of the main forum page). Then when you next log on, you should be able to download files on that device, and as long as you make sure you log off again before logging on via a different device, you should be able to download files on that one too.
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

Suzanne Geraci

Post by Suzanne Geraci » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:50 am

Hi GeoffB,
I will follow your instructions, and hopefully I won't have any more problems.
Thanks...
Suzanne

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:18 pm

:( + ♫ = :)

Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm

:( + ♫ = :)

Jason Hensley

Post by Jason Hensley » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Please register me for the lessons for course D01 I have satisfied the conditions for participation:
1. I'm registered on the forum with my real forename and surname.
2. I have publicized the course sessions with other guitar playing friends in person and online.
3. I will post the recordings required for at least 7 out of the 10 lessons of the course.
4. I will listen to the recordings posted by the other students at the same level and comment on their work. This involves posting at least one message per week containing encouragement, constructive criticisms, or advice.

Thank you very much for this opportunity.
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph. - Robert E. Howard.

John Montes

Post by John Montes » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:06 pm

Jason Hensley wrote:Please register me for the lessons for course D01
OK Jason, you are registered

Take a look at the FAQ for lessons as well, lots of helpful answers for new students
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Jason Hensley

Post by Jason Hensley » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:15 pm

John Montes wrote:
Jason Hensley wrote:Please register me for the lessons for course D01
OK Jason, you are registered

Take a look at the FAQ for lessons as well, lots of helpful answers for new students
Thank you very much John, I appreciate it!
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind. Civilization is unnatural. It is a whim of circumstance. And barbarism must always ultimately triumph. - Robert E. Howard.

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”