Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Arman Attaran

Re: Registration, conditions for participating in the lessons

Post by Arman Attaran » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:59 pm

thanks

Daniel Penalva
Student of the online lessons

Post by Daniel Penalva » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 am

Can i enroll in more than one course at same time ?

I would like to try D01 and D02 concurrently (and D3 maybe).

Thanks.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Daniel Penalva wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 am
Can i enroll in more than one course at same time ?

I would like to try D01 and D02 concurrently (and D3 maybe).

Thanks.
You can

errrtoffie

Post by errrtoffie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Good day im new here and I read about the course the rules and condition about the course and I just want to ask is that okay if I finish the D01-D03 to myself and enroll for upcoming course for D04-D06?

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:06 pm

errrtoffie wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:55 pm
Good day im new here and I read about the course the rules and condition about the course and I just want to ask is that okay if I finish the D01-D03 to myself and enroll for upcoming course for D04-D06?
You are free to study any of the lessons yourself and can enrol in any of the new courses in September.

Ed de Marchena

Post by Ed de Marchena » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Hello, I am looking to register in the D01 course. I am relatively amateur and would like to improve my ability before moving into the later courses.

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:33 pm

Ed de Marchena wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:18 pm
Hello, I am looking to register in the D01 course. I am relatively amateur and would like to improve my ability before moving into the later courses.
The course will be starting in September and you can register then.
If you decide to do that take a look at the FAQ for lessons and you will need to agree to the conditions in that FAQ
You can work on the PDFs if you want to before then using the current lessons as a guide.
You will certainly find that the D01 course will improve your sight reading.
Look forward to seeing you in September.

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 am

Hello,
I have satisfied all of the requirements for admittance into the course beginning in September and have been studying/practicing the D01-D03 lessons. Well at least the D01 lesson. I am excited about participating in the group lesson starting next month but am concerned that it may be too ambitious for me in that I have 1-year before I can retire and be able to dedicate a proper amount of time to the study. I am excited about pursuing the classical guitar lessons. Should I begin this years lesson as a somewhat dedicated participant or wait until next year when I can devote an appropriate amount of time to the course?

Don't want to be too quick that I'm out of step with the rest of this group.
Thanks.
James

I have decided to continue my independent study of the D01-D03 lessons and not request formal inclusion in this years group. This will allow me to continue traveling for my work which forces hiatus in my progress. I should be able to join next year and be in a good position to interact with the class. I hope that the classes will be continuing next year and for many years after.
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Martin Guitars (D28, MC28, D12-28, J-40)
National Resonator Guitar
Les Paul

Hank Matallana

Post by Hank Matallana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 am

Hi,

Kindly register me for the 2016-207 online courses. I'm using my real name; I'm posting Delcamp's poster at SF Guitar society; I'll comot to posting and listening to audio samples. And, I promise to work real hard.

Thank you for your time,
Hank Matallana
Hank
San Francisco
1965 654 scale Eugene Clark
1977 660 scale Kohno #30 Braz/Spruce

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:22 am
Kindly register me for the 2016-207 online courses. I'm using my real name; I'm posting Delcamp's poster at SF Guitar society; I'll comot to posting and listening to audio samples. And, I promise to work real hard.

Thank you for your time,
Hank Matallana
Hank
you will need to request a name change to your full given+surname at this link viewforum.php?f=22
This is explained in the FAQ for lessons

Regards
Colin

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm

Hello Hank from SF.

I am impressed by your guitar collection. How much experience with classical guitar have you had? My guess based on the extent of the scale length in your collection is that you've played some. I myself am a beginner but have delved in all manner of guitar for 5+ years. I'm tormented by a desire to join the group now and a fear for not being able to keep up. If I started now I would be at D01. What level do you suppose you would start at?

Just curious.
JAS
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Les Paul

Carlos Alborta

Post by Carlos Alborta » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 am

Dear sirs,
Please register me for DO1 - DO10 (2017 - 2018). I reckon I will have to go alone. I love music as you all do. I have posted the "sans date" ad at this site

https://sites.google.com/site/musicayubal/anuncios

It is a music site in Spanish but it will help an interested and motivated student.
Best regards,
Carlos

Hank Matallana

Post by Hank Matallana » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 am

Hi JAS,

I have had some experience, but not formal training, so I'll opt to start from the very beginning. There's probably a method to how one level leads to the next and I don't want to miss out. Maybe if we start from the very beginning we'll have a chance of finishing the course.

I'll need to scratch off the 640 scale Kanoh off my list. There's a buyer who now has it and I've given him 3 days to decide.
Hank
San Francisco
1965 654 scale Eugene Clark
1977 660 scale Kohno #30 Braz/Spruce

Colin Bullock

Post by Colin Bullock » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:26 am

James A. Showalter wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm
Hello Hank from SF.
................What level do you suppose you would start at?
Hank Matallana wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:48 am
.............There's probably a method to how one level leads to the next and I don't want to miss out. Maybe if we start from the very beginning we'll have a chance of finishing the course.
Yes there is a method to the progression of the lessons and I've put some information at this link
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687&p=1218492#p1218492

Starting at the beginning will really improve your sight reading and this was a real benefit for me. Also I had never seen consistent teaching of damping in any method book and here we have plenty of practice, again that's been a real benefit to me.

James A. Showalter

Post by James A. Showalter » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:28 pm

Enough of this talk about the future. I choose to live for the moment as my only strategy.

Please enroll me into the 2017 online course. I think I have satisfied all of the requirements for entry as I am using my real name and have distributed the course poster to my friends who I have studied guitar with in the past and will continue to post the advertisement in all musical venues I become involved. I will convey the kind of response I get from most of my peers that I've discussed classical guitar with: Classical guitar? What's that all about? This is Mississippi where we have the Blues. That's different? Well of course it is and I have nurtured a strong interest for learning it. This to me means learning the foundations of music and not just memorizing songs of which I have no inherent understanding. For the record I am no spring chicken, have a fused right wrist which limits my ability to play properly and have a job which requires me to travel and will detract from me dedicating time to the lessons as much as I would hope to. For these reasons I have been telling myself to wait until the next year has passed before I begin this endeavor. Some hope that my coming retirement will be more fruitful than my present. As part of my rationale for deciding to request enrollment now I will add the story of my Blueberry Orchard which was added to my home several years ago. The first year provided no fruit but by the second we enjoyed the taste of our efforts. After the third year we were busy pickin' and now each year is a wealth of fruit and I could make a business out of improvising baskets to hold it. We each know the moral of this story - There is no time like the present. My goal is to improvise music on guitar and project a voice through the instrument.

Thanks.
JAS
1990 Takamine C132S
2014 Sakurai Kohno Pro-J
Les Paul

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”