FAQs for lessons

The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic
Student of the online lessons

Re: FAQs for lessons

Postby Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:43 pm

Hello moderators,
last school year I was on level D02 and I posted only three lessons. This year I am repeating level D 02. Do I have to post those lessons again, if the tasks are the same, or i have to make new videos? Thank you.
Teodora

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:46 pm

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic wrote:Hello moderators,
last school year I was on level D02 and I posted only three lessons. This year I am repeating level D 02. Do I have to post those lessons again, if the tasks are the same, or i have to make new videos? Thank you.
Teodora

Hi Teodora,
Let me double-check on the official policy as I do not see that specific scenario listed in the FAQ's for Lessons .

**My initial opinion/understanding would be** -- The new lessons/session would require posting a new or different video/recording of the 2015 lesson even if its the same piece as last year. It's possible that a student may have improved, perform the same, or regressed since the initial recording, but as long as the recording is not the same recording. Most students would likely post an improved version/recording.

We'll get back to you soon on the official ruling
2001 Vicente Carrillo 1a Rio
1998 German Rubio Vazquez Estudio
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7
La Bella & D'Addario Strings

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 am

Hi Teodora,

I have an update, the FAQ's will be updated soon to reflect the scenario you mentioned, confirmed by GeoffB.

The official ruling will reflect that students need to submit fresh recordings for the exam qualifying lessons in the event that a student may have already posted a recording of the same lesson in a previous year.

Last year I started out in D04 and D05 in November and completed D04, but did not complete D05. This year I'm re-starting D05 and although I posted several recordings for D05 last year even I have to make fresh recordings for this years session :-)
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic

Postby Teodora Despotovic Kosanovic » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:40 am

Hello John,
thanks for making clear this subject.
Teodora

Mauro Delarosa

Postby Mauro Delarosa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Do the actual classes not begin until November?

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi Mauro, the first 2015 lesson for each student level will be posted September 16 per Maestro Delcamp's announcement

When you come to the 2015 Online Lesson's area of the forum on September 16 you will begin to notice new topics for each level. Inside those topic areas will be the lesson details, what to study etc.

The full schedule is mentioned near the bottom of Maestro Delcamp's thread #1 @ Registration Conditions

I've included the 2015 Calendar here as well:

The 2015-2016 calendar in detail:
Lessons (D01, D02, D03, D04, D05, D06 and D07) will be updated on the following dates:
Lesson 1 updated Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Lesson 2 updated Wednesday, October 7
Lesson 3 updated Wednesday, November 4
Lesson 4 updated Wednesday, December 2
Lesson 5 updated Wednesday, January 6, 2016
Lesson 6 updated Wednesday, February 3
Lesson 7 updated Wednesday, March 2
Lesson 8 updated Wednesday, March 30
Lesson 9 updated Wednesday, April 27
Lesson 10 updated Wednesday, May 25

2015-2016 Exam schedule
First-year final exam 12, 13, 14 May
Second-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May
Third-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fourth-year final exam 28, 29, 30 May
Fifth-year final exam 20, 21, 22 May
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Edna Lopez

Postby Edna Lopez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:21 am

ShaneSingleton wrote:I've got a pretty good grasp on how the lesson postings work in order to qualify for the exams, but how do the final exams work? I'm sure the answer is really obvious and out in the open, but I just haven't been able to find anything on that topic.

Thank you.

Hi Shane, here is a link with info regarding the exam: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687#FAQexam1
Edna Lopez

Edna Lopez

Postby Edna Lopez » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 am

Mauro Delarosa wrote:Do the actual classes not begin until November?

Mauro, classes start in September... more info: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=62687#FAQreg4
Edna Lopez

Mark Coprada

Postby Mark Coprada » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:58 am

Good day!

I have recently discovered this website and having second thoughts if I should start late or wait until next year. I'm not particularly new to the guitar, but rather, I do not know how to play the guitar based on sheet music. Any advice?

Thanks.

Marko Räsänen

Postby Marko Räsänen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 am

I would suggest to do D01 this year, allowing you to learn notes at the first position. Catching up at this stage shouldn't be too difficult for you, if you're technically familiar with the guitar.
Alhambra 4P spruce
Almansa 457 cedar
Cordoba C12 spruce

Mark Coprada

Postby Mark Coprada » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Marko Räsänen wrote:I would suggest to do D01 this year, allowing you to learn notes at the first position. Catching up at this stage shouldn't be too difficult for you, if you're technically familiar with the guitar.

Alright then, thanks!

Colin Bullock

Postby Colin Bullock » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:41 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find it.
When we first post a lesson it is usually an early attempt with mistakes, if we want to repost later do we overwrite the original video or create a new post at the end of the lesson?
Thanks

Rick Beauregard

Postby Rick Beauregard » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Colin,
I think the idea is to post an early attempt, after about a week or so, things you are working to perfect. Then post a final version later. In reality though not many people do this (me included). It seems we only want to post our best work, and I for one tend to wait till I've "perfected" the piece, or till I'm sick of playing it. I resolve in the new year to try to show more work in progress. Recording can be a time consuming thing if you must have it perfect.
All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

Colin Bullock

Postby Colin Bullock » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:43 am

Rick Beauregard wrote:Colin,
I think the idea is to post an early attempt, after about a week or so, things you are working to perfect. Then post a final version later. I...........Recording can be a time consuming thing if you must have it perfect.

Thanks Rick I 'll try doing that with a separate post for the 2nd attempt.
I can see why folks don't do it often, even if you arn't aiming for perfection the recording, trimming and posting can be time consuming.

John Montes

Postby John Montes » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:18 pm

Hi Colin
If more than a day or greater have transpired it would be safer to make a subsequent post with the newer recording.

If the subsequent recording was replacing a video say on the same day or 24 hour period, it should be fine to edit the original recording post and maybe make a textural note just in case folks have seen the previous one :-)

There are some times where I may post an early "in-progress" version and then later post an improved recording one or more weeks later.
On the other hand, there are times where I only posted one version and that was it :strizzalocchio:
2015 Cordoba Solista
2012 Cordoba C7

Return to “On-line classical guitar lessons”