D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Archive of on-line classical guitar lessons from previous years.
Forum rules
The classical guitar lessons are free. They are aimed at the isolated amateur who does not have access to a teacher. To join the class, apply for registration into the students group.

PDF, MP3, Vidéos, Lessons : Level D01 - Level D02 - Level D03 - Level D04 - Level D05 - Level D06 - Level D07 - Level D08 - Level D09 - Level D10 - Level D11 - Level D12.
Jean-François Delcamp
Administrator
Administrator

D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Jean-François Delcamp » Thu May 28, 2015 5:55 am

Hello everyone,
Please start by downloading the latest version of volume D02.
If you are new to the course, please read this message to familiarize yourself with the conditions for participating in the lessons. You should also read the first message in lesson 1, where you will find advice on how to make the most of your study time and on the methods of practising that I recommend.

First we will study some technical exercises from volume D02.
- page 83 Jean-François DELCAMP (1956) BARRÉ - BARRÉ - BARRÉ - CEJILLA
Avoid bending your left wrist, as this not only hurts, but also hinders the mobility of your fingers. Aim for the position (of the guitar neck, your elbow and your shoulder) which will allow you to play without bending your left wrist, as shown in the following video.
Note that you must play for 6 days of the week. If you combine all this time into one day, that is to say, 2 hours in a single day, you will not make progress and furthermore you will risk injuring yourself by making demands on certain muscles for too long. Divide up your practice and play a little each day.

Youtube

Next we'll work on five pieces :
- page 31 Nicolas DEROSIERS (1660?-1720?) CHACONNE

Youtube

- pages 44-47 Ferdinando CARULLI (1770-1841) RONDO Opus 241

Youtube

- page 59 Felix HORETZKY (1796-1870) AMUSEMENT

Youtube

- page 70 ANONYME (ca. 1850) DOS PALOMAS

Youtube

- page 62 ANONYME Dans les jardins d'mon pere

Youtube

I ask you first to work on all these exercises and pieces for one week and then to post your recordings on the forum for:
- page 31 Nicolas DEROSIERS (1660?-1720?) CHACONNE
- pages 44-47 Ferdinando CARULLI (1770-1841) RONDO Opus 241

Good luck!

We have reached the end of this year of studying together. I am intending to resume next year.

My thanks to the students, to Geoff for his splendid translations, and also to Robert Goodwin, Alan (Tarbaby), Rich (oski79) and lagartija who have enabled these courses to run so smoothly.

I wish you all a good summer. See you again soon.

Jean-François
:( + ♫ = :)

Kirkland Gavin
Student of the online lessons

Re: D02 Classical guitar lesson 10

Post by Kirkland Gavin » Fri May 29, 2015 9:57 pm

this is sweet thanks, Rondo is going to take some work but I am finally going to learn a Rondo by F. Carulli.

The other pieces are very nice as well thanks.

I have actually improved and am playing a lot better now, I just need to find out how to post video's on here or well just make one haha.
Again thank you Mr. Delcamp awesome stuff.

Going through D01, and D02 has helped me quite a bit thanks I hhope to be able to take D04 and onward by this next fall.

Kirk :)

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:09 am

CHACONNE

Youtube

RONDO Opus 241

Youtube
Music begins where language ends.

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:09 am

David Yang wrote:CHACONNE

RONDO Opus 241
Excellent work David! :bravo: RONDO Opus 241 is a long song to learn and you did a great job with it.

I see great value in me completing RONDO Opus 241 because it's so much longer than the songs we normally do. I also want to be prepared for D03 and this piece seems like a step in that direction.

However, I am afraid that I have only gotten through about the second half of page 2 of RONDO Opus 241. This one section has stumped me and I need to push through it. So it may take me another 2 weeks to get the lessons done so I wont be posting them for a little while.

I hope you enjoy your summer break. After this lesson I am going to begin working on Fretboard theory lessons for the summer as well as my segovia scales practice.

Thanks,
Bill

Duang Turongratanachai

Post by Duang Turongratanachai » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:37 pm

:bravo: David
Duang :casque:

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Bill Davis wrote:However, I am afraid that I have only gotten through about the second half of page 2 of RONDO Opus 241. This one section has stumped me and I need to push through it. So it may take me another 2 weeks to get the lessons done so I wont be posting them for a little while.
Hi Bill, take your time. I'm going to improve my left hand skills this summer. Comparing to you guys, I find my left hand is not relaxed enough and need some correction on positioning. Hope I can make some progress and get prepared for D03.
Duang Turongratanachai wrote::bravo: David
Duang :casque:
Duang, :merci:

Bill Davis

Post by Bill Davis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:45 am

Hi David. I finally got around to recording this lesson. Sorry it took so long. Hope your having a good summer. -Bill

page 31 Nicolas DEROSIERS (1660?-1720?) CHACONNE

Youtube

pages 44-47 Ferdinando CARULLI (1770-1841) RONDO Opus 241

Youtube

David Yang

Post by David Yang » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:45 am

Hi Bill, good job. I feel Lesson 10 is more difficult than the previous ones.

I'm good, but had a lot of business trips during this summer and got little time to practice the guitar. Not sure if I could keep up with the coming D03 course.

Return to “Classical guitar lessons archive”