Augustine Regal Blue wrong set inside+Rusty Hannabach

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Jeffrey Armbruster

Re: Augustine Regal Blue wrong set inside+Rusty Hannabach

Post by Jeffrey Armbruster » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 pm
So is this for both the trebles and bass? I'm starting to use classic black trebles with Savarez Cantigas. Now, should I try the Imperial trebles? sheesh.
I think the Imperial trebles are a better match for the Cantiga basses than the Classic trebles, that's all. Mari 100p probably better again.
I really like the classic black trebles with the Savarez cantiga basses; I'll try the Imperial next. I'm not seeing Mari on SBM.
Paul Weaver spruce 2014
Takamine C132S

petermc61

Post by petermc61 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Jeffrey Armbruster wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 pm
petermc61 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:58 pm
So is this for both the trebles and bass? I'm starting to use classic black trebles with Savarez Cantigas. Now, should I try the Imperial trebles? sheesh.
I think the Imperial trebles are a better match for the Cantiga basses than the Classic trebles, that's all. Mari 100p probably better again.
I really like the classic black trebles with the Savarez cantiga basses; I'll try the Imperial next. I'm not seeing Mari on SBM.
They don't sell Mari. Go to Ostrie Music Supplies (Bill Ostrie). Buy six sets at about $4 ea from memory and the shipping per set is cheap.

Gregory Gleason

Post by Gregory Gleason » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Contact Amazon about it. For cheaper items, they often will refund you without having to return the item. Also, give the seller a bad review.
1994 Kohno Special (spruce/Brazillian)
2002 Hill Munich (spruce/Indian Rosewood)
1999 Hill Madrid (cedar/Indian Rosewood)
1972 Ramirez 1a

Mr.Rain

Post by Mr.Rain » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:18 am

Gregory Gleason wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm
Contact Amazon about it. For cheaper items, they often will refund you without having to return the item. Also, give the seller a bad review.
Yeah already asked for the refund :mrgreen:.

guitarhero

Post by guitarhero » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 am

I gave up on Hannabach a few years ago; I was told by the London Guitar Studio that they'd had quality control problems with packs not sealed. I tried the goldin strings and couldn't get them to stay in tune on my Paul Fischer. La Bella medium tensions seem to have solved the problem.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”