Info for Royal Classics Nylon lovers (RC strings Professional, Sonata)

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
Gorn

Info for Royal Classics Nylon lovers (RC strings Professional, Sonata)

Post by Gorn » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 pm

I bought a couple of RC10 Professional sets and also some Harley Benton Superior Classic HT, which is the house brand of Europe's largest retailer of musical instruments. HB's are coated, so I always thought they are OEM of D'Addario's EXP 46, which is not true. EXP 46 are way harder than HB! RC10 are coated as well, which is NOT mentioned at the retailer's web page.
I bought RC10 sets for my main guitar because there were some good recommendations at Delcamp. The budget HB sets are for my Manuel Rodríguez FF to combine with Carbon Line strings (FF lacks treble).
I was a bit surprised when seeing both sets at the same time. Please note the shape of the transparent plastic bag, the hint: "Anti-corrosion" resp. "coated" and where they're made.
Inside, there are 3 white paper pouches containing E+g, A+b and D+e. In both packs. HB strings are also available in "Medium" and "Normal" tension.
European Delcampers will know where to look up the price - don't know if available outside Europe.
Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”