Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Choice of classical guitar strings and technical issues connected with their use.
ben etow

Re: Dogal...The best treble strings I have ever played.

Post by ben etow » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:45 pm

petermc61 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:22 pm
ben etow wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm
I've just put a Diamante "soft" B. After 18 hours, It feels and sounds like a low tension bright sounding nylon (Savarez New Cristal as to sound and feel, not tensionwise). The sustain is much lower than the same notes on both my first Optima carbon NT and my third Dr. Junger supersona LT (and both seem to sound warmer!).
I don't think this B will make it through 48 hours.

I wasn't convinced either by their lightest tension first on another guitar, so I think it's the last time I put Dogal strings on any guitar. There are so many better options IMO...
Ben

Not sure whether this will address your concerns but try the Strong tension (which are really low tension). The Soft you tried are very low in tension and have never impressed me. The Strong do, on the right guitar.

Regards
Peter
Thanks Peter. Could you elaborate on the "right" guitar?
Are you thinking about a dark sounding one (typical, even old, cedar) which would need clarity?

Would Dogal use different material for its soft tension and strong tension strings (in which case I may hope for something more suitable)?
The one I tried really look and sound like nylon to me. And I've been playing for more than 20 nearly exclusively with carbons...

Best regards.
Ben

Rognvald

Post by Rognvald » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:53 am

I just changed from a full set of Hannabach Gold 825's (MT-my normal set) to Gold Basses paired with the Dogal trebles(MT). The Dogal trebles are still stretching but have a "bell like" tone and outstanding projection. I will determine their intonation/longevity capabilities after they've settled into stability mode. My guitar is a LoPrinzi Cedar Spanish Grand Concert 650mm. More to come . . . Playing again . . . Rognvald
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spake Zarathustra

Laudiesdad69

Post by Laudiesdad69 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:32 pm

I am still using the Dogal Diamante trebles. I've ever tried regular and strong tension. The strong tension trebles are just a couple of thousandths bigger in diameter. And both sound very good to my ears. Great match up with the Cantiga MT basses. They seem to last a lot longer (trebles ) than the Ramirez medium tension.

This combination of Savarez/Dogal sounds just a little bit brighter than the Ramirez strings. Basses are more fundamental. It's time to change the Ramirez strings on my cedar 4NE. As the Savarez/Dogal lasts so much longer I am going to use this on my 4NE next.

The Ramirez strings on my 4NE have been on for about 8 weeks and only played about a half hour a day, and some days not at all. They are starting to stay in tune almost perfectly when left in a stand over night, which to me says that it's about time to change them.

The last guitar I had the Dogal/Savarez combination on was a Ramirez 125 anyos. They lasted a long time playing an hour a day, I changed them after 2 months, as the D was getting kind of skanky.

Return to “Classical Guitar Strings”