Denian Arcoleo - composer

Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Forum rules
Topics archived from Public Space and its subforums after a long period of inactivity, or redundant for some other reason. This section is read-only.
Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Denian Arcoleo - composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:29 pm

I've collected all my Delcamp videos (and some others) on my Youtube page;

http://www.youtube.com/user/DenianArcoleo

If you like my stuff leave me a nice message! :lol:

Hans W

Re: Youtube

Postby Hans W » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:34 pm

Denian Arcoleo wrote:If you like my stuff leave me a nice message! :lol:

Can I still leave a nice message if I don't like your stuff Image :?:

I assume your silence means yes, so great stuff Denian!

Hans
Classical Guitar rules!

Vesuvio

Postby Vesuvio » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Hello Denian,

What a distinctive page!

I am sure you will have thousands of visitors—better put the coffee on,

Best wishes, V :)
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Thanks guys. The picture is by Escher, what a great and unique artist that man was.

tapsa

Postby tapsa » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:44 pm

I'm really impressed of your playing. Everything sounds like I would like to play those pieces. I printed Schubert's Ständeben's sheet music immediatly after listening your playing! Never thought there was such a nice transcription of that.

Have you any plans to make a CD of your repertoire? Many would like to buy it (also me).

-tapsa-

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Thanks tapsa :D

I'm going to make a website, something I think I said I was going to do ages ago. I've finally found the guy who's going to do the technical stuff for me in exchange for free guitar lessons :lol: . From the site I'll offer for sale my CD's (which are in progress) and also pdf downloads of my compositions (you can hear some of them in the "Our creations' section of Delcamp.
Hopefully the site will be up by the end of the summer.

All the best

Denian

eales

Postby eales » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:40 pm

That's good news - I'll be looking for some of that! Your youtube page is great by the way - I've already heard some of your work and will drop by again soon to hear more.

:bravo:

ramsnake

Postby ramsnake » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Ahh! Denian you are Ted fan also ! Well I am not surprised to discover that.
Have you watched the talk given by the neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight and Ken Robinsons: Do schools kill creativity? The first an emotional trip to observe and the latter down right funny.
Very busy looking site - at first I thought my monitor had screwed and then realised you had just chosen a hectic layout! :)
Surfing equates to living in the very moment of 'now'. When you ride a wave, you leave behind all things important and unimportant, the purity of the moment is upon you. Bill Hamilton (Kauai, Hawaii)

nico cojo

Postby nico cojo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:24 am

Very handy to place all your videos at 1 place :!:
I already watched the 1st prelude of Villa-Lobos and I particulally liked the smooth 1st movement and your huge and well-stretched 1st finger for the barré :).

Vesuvio

Postby Vesuvio » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:21 am

Hello Denian,

Vesuvio wrote:...I am sure you will have thousands of visitors—better put the coffee on...)

What was I thinking? I have just realised how many visitors you are already getting—better put the catering out to contract!

All the best, V :D
"There are only two things worth aiming for, good music and a clean conscience." Paul Hindemith

GEO

Postby GEO » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:14 am

Hi, Denian:

Nice job on your YT site. If you ever plan a playing trip to the US, let me know and I might be able to get you a playing date here in North Carolina with our classical guitar society.

Cheers,

geo

BTW, you did a really fine job with the BWV 998!
(US) (GER) The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own - Disraeli

Denian Arcoleo
Composer

Postby Denian Arcoleo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:09 am

Thanks Geo.
Actually, you're the second person to offer me a possible concert in the US, maybe I could string together a little tour to make it worthwhile, what with airtravel being so expensive and everything.

All the best

Denian

GEO

Postby GEO » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:55 am

That's not a bad idea, Denian. In North Carolina there are three classical guitar societies that I know of--and a whole lot more along the East Coast. There's a wonderful young French guitarist, Jeremy Jouve (a GFA gold medalist) who is HQ'd in Paris and I'm trying to work out a deal with the other guitar societies in this state.

geo
(US) (GER) The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own - Disraeli

Anthony Campanella

Postby Anthony Campanella » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:01 pm

:bravo: :merci:

HAZ

Postby HAZ » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi Denian, i have just been through your YT Guitar videos. BRILLIANT You should be out there touring. or at least making a CD. :applauso: :bravo:

Return to “Archives of Public Space and its subforums”