Collection of scores for guitar - Levels D01 to D03

The 1st collection comprises scores published by Jean-François Delcamp for levels D01 to D03. Permission to download these scores is granted after a member has had 2 messages approved by the moderators.
Forum rules
Permission to download these scores is granted after a member has had 2 messages approved by the moderators.
NelsonJaramillo

Re: Collection of scores for guitar - Levels D01 to D03

Post by NelsonJaramillo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:26 am

I'm not sure if being approved for the 002 group is different than being approved for admission to the D01 class. I did get approved for the class but can not see the link to see/print out the scores for the lessons. If I need to also be accepted into the 002 group, can you please send me a link to the thread where I ask for acceptance into that group? Thank you,

Nelson Jaramillo
1st year class 2016

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:41 am

Hi Nelson, the 002 group no longer exists, and as you have more than 2 posts, you should automatically have access to these scores. If you go back to the first post in this thread and scroll down to the heading "LEVEL D01" in large red letters, the link you need is the one just below it in blue that says "delcamp_d01___2014-06-01.pdf".

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

NelsonJaramillo

Post by NelsonJaramillo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:38 am

Thank you Geoff. I think I must have just needed another post.
Nelson

Esquiline

Post by Esquiline » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 am

What a great resource these collections are! Thank you so much for all your work and generosity in sharing it.

Grooveman JS

Post by Grooveman JS » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:58 am

Agree with all.......my exact sentiments......its a precious resource for any Classical guitarist of all levels.....my utmost appreciation to Mr Delcamp & Moderators for all your efforts
Masaki Sakurai MA-RF
Antonio Picado Concierto DT

Wiktoria59

Post by Wiktoria59 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:54 am

This is wonderful! :D

Thank you so very much :merci:
:chitarrista:

DaveM

Post by DaveM » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 am

This is a wonderful resource. Thank you.

feital_remo

Post by feital_remo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:27 pm

it looks amazing!

joachim33

IPR question about Delcamp scores

Post by joachim33 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:06 pm

First of all, a big thanks to Jean-Francois Delcamp for running this site and offering the scores :merci:

Could I please get some input on the intellectual property right situation of the Delcamp scores. I just got promoted to level 20 and, as I understand, have the right to them for personal use. Performing them in a concert of the music school would that still be covered? The concerts are typically free to enter, but the music school is a obviously a commercial operation - the teachers need to eat in the end of the day. Would that still be covered under personal use?

:chitarrista:

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:51 pm

Hi Joachim,

To be clear, are you saying that although there is no entry fee for performers, a charge is made for the members of the public to attend the concert?

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:25 am

GeoffB wrote:Hi Joachim,

To be clear, are you saying that although there is no entry fee for performers, a charge is made for the members of the public to attend the concert?

Geoff
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for picking this up, I was wondering whether I hit the right section here.

No, there is no charge to members of the public to listen. The event I attended, there wasn't even a donation box at the exit. It is just that the music school is a "for profit" organisation, privately owned. Their business model is based on student tuition fees. The events are part of the "Cultural ecosystem" of our town and also serve to promote the existence of the school in the hope to attract future students (obviously). In my case I am the student.

I assume this type of set-up is reasonable common, even with individuals providing tuition. You always have to attract new students to replace the ones which drop out (e.g. move on to University after finishing School). Student concerts provide a mean to advertise your skills as instructor.

The Delcamp copyright section explains the conditions under which instructors/students can use the Delcamp material, but as far as I can see, doesn't say anything about using them in public recitals.

Since we are at this, perhaps a more general statement about the use of the material in public recitals would be good. I assume many delcamp members are not trained in IPR to understand what is commercial and non-commercial use. A fair number of us will have/get opportunities to perform in public. If Jean-Francois could clarify (standard cases) what he is ok with, I think this would remove a fair bit of the uncertainties.

I look forward to your feedback.

Best wishes
Joachim

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 am

OK, Joachim, I'll put it to him and let you know what he says.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator

Post by GeoffB » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi Joachim,

Jean-François says yes, you are welcome to use the scores for the concert. He is very busy at the moment but says you were right to suggest an update to the Delcamp copyright section and he will put that on his list of things to do when he gets time. Good luck with the performance!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 am

GeoffB wrote:Hi Joachim,

Jean-François says yes, you are welcome to use the scores for the concert. He is very busy at the moment but says you were right to suggest an update to the Delcamp copyright section and he will put that on his list of things to do when he gets time. Good luck with the performance!

Best wishes,
Geoff
Cool. Thanks to Jean François and to you.

J.

midiman12

Post by midiman12 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 am

A truly amazing resource, and one which will enable my development on the guitar move ever forward. My thanks!

Return to “Scores for classical guitar - D01, D02, D03”