Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
vigmostad
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:45 pm
Location: Oslo

Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by vigmostad » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Somebody who knows were I can find the sheet music to this prelude? I have searched the forum and the web, but can't find it. It is probably in one of the collections of Tarrega, but I haven't found it. Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Per

User avatar
tateharmann
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:31 pm
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by tateharmann » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:08 am

Yes, it is hard to find - I have it in his "Complete Guitar Works", published by D'oz.
"Speed is the enemy of emotion." - Emilio Pujol Vilarrubi

tnn
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by tnn » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Be aware that the edition of Tárrega's "Complete Guitar Works" edited by Beauchamp and published by D'oz contains only original works by Tárrega, not his transcriptions of other composers' works.

Rob

vigmostad
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:45 pm
Location: Oslo

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by vigmostad » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Thanks for you help. I wish I didn't have to buy the complete works to get this 30 seconds prelude:)

User avatar
Jorge Oliveira
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:17 pm
Location: Cascais, Portugal

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 pm

vigmostad wrote:Somebody who knows were I can find the sheet music to this prelude? I have searched the forum and the web, but can't find it. It is probably in one of the collections of Tarrega, but I haven't found it. Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Per
I'm not entirely sure if this is the prelude you refer to, but there is an F# minor prelude in the collection "TÁRREGA - COMPLETE WORKS FOR GUITAR, NEW EDITION", Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), S.E.M. n.º 10 (page 21), SONETO Ediciones Musicales, Madrid, edited by Melchor Rodríguez. This is indeed a beautiful little prelude which I love to play.

Regards,

Jorge
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

User avatar
leafhound
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:09 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by leafhound » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:29 pm

I have over 30 preludes from terraga in pdf format

tnn
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:52 pm
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by tnn » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:20 am

Jorge Oliveira wrote: I'm not entirely sure if this is the prelude you refer to, but there is an F# minor prelude in the collection "TÁRREGA - COMPLETE WORKS FOR GUITAR, NEW EDITION", Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), S.E.M. n.º 10 (page 21), SONETO Ediciones Musicales, Madrid, edited by Melchor Rodríguez. This is indeed a beautiful little prelude which I love to play.

Regards,

Jorge
Beauchamp writes in his edition that the Rodríguez edition was the first publication of the F# minor prelude. You can order the Rodríguez edition from Strings by Mail (among others, I'm sure).

Rob

vigmostad
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:45 pm
Location: Oslo

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by vigmostad » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:33 pm

thank you tnn and Jorge:)

Per

Rahul
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: Delhi, India

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by Rahul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:43 pm
vigmostad wrote:Somebody who knows were I can find the sheet music to this prelude? I have searched the forum and the web, but can't find it. It is probably in one of the collections of Tarrega, but I haven't found it. Help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Per
I'm not entirely sure if this is the prelude you refer to, but there is an F# minor prelude in the collection "TÁRREGA - COMPLETE WORKS FOR GUITAR, NEW EDITION", Volumen III - 35 PRELUDIOS ORIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (4 inéditos), S.E.M. n.º 10 (page 21), SONETO Ediciones Musicales, Madrid, edited by Melchor Rodríguez. This is indeed a beautiful little prelude which I love to play.

Regards,

Jorge
Hi,

Does this book contain malaguena and is it this version. Would be great if you could check. I love the beginning of this piece and wouldn't mind ordering just for this. Putting youtube link below.


https://youtu.be/cD-Q2HSAVfs

Thanking you

Rahul Gupta

User avatar
Jorge Oliveira
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:17 pm
Location: Cascais, Portugal

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 pm

Hi Rahul,

No, Tarrega's Malagueña (Sobre motivos populares) in the video clip of your post is indeed in the same collection "TÁRREGA - COMPLETE WORKS FOR GUITAR, NEW EDITION", but in Volumen IV, 31 PIEZAS OPRIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (3 inéditas), S.E.M. n.º 9 (page 32), SONETO Ediciones Musicales, Madrid, edited by Melchor Rodríguez. I don't play it, unfortunately, it is so beautiful... I bought all volumes of this collection at Guitarras de Luthier, Madrid. There will be also another volume in this collection, a final one, I believe, but still in the works, with 175 Transcripciones (75 inéditas). What follows is a transcription of some e-mails I exchanged with Melchor Rodríguez's son, E. Rodríguez. They are a bit inconclusive, as you can see.
No dia 21/01/2016, às 09:36, E.RODRIGUEZ <info@sonetoediciones.com> escreveu:

Dear Ferraz

Transcripts work is not done.I do not think my father finished.

Best Regards

E.Rodríguez


El 19-01-2016 13:28, Jorge A. Ferraz de Oliveira escribió:

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

I'm referring to your e-mail of April last year, below, and wondering whether the edition of the "175 Transcripciones (75 inéditas)" of Francisco Tárrega has already been finished. It is, certainly, a massive undertaking your father took in his hands and will be probably spread over various volumes. I already the five published volumes of Tárrega's complete works for guitar and I'm counting on you to let me know as soon as the Transcripciones are ready and were can I acquire them (in Guitarras de Luthier, Madrid, perhaps?).

With my best regards and wishing you and your family a good 2106,

Jorge Ferraz de Oliveira



Às 12:13 de 26-04-2015, Jorge A. Ferraz de Oliveira escreveu:

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

Thank you for your prompt answer to my request. Your father has done an excellent job um collecting and editing all of Tárrega's (and others) works . Please convey to him my deepest gratitude. I'll be waiting, then, for the "Transcripciones...". Please keep me posted.

Best regards,

Jorge Ferraz de Oliveira



No dia 26/04/2015, às 11:36, E.RODRIGUEZ <info@sonetoediciones.com> escreveu:

The "transcriptions of Tarrega" are unedited. My father Melchor Rodriguez finished work but we have not edited. We will do in the future and will keep you informed.

E.Rodriguez
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

Rahul
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:10 pm
Location: Delhi, India

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by Rahul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Jorge Oliveira wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:29 pm
Hi Rahul,

No, Tarrega's Malagueña (Sobre motivos populares) in the video clip of your post is indeed in the same collection "TÁRREGA - COMPLETE WORKS FOR GUITAR, NEW EDITION", but in Volumen IV, 31 PIEZAS OPRIGINALES PARA GUITARRA (3 inéditas), S.E.M. n.º 9 (page 32), SONETO Ediciones Musicales, Madrid, edited by Melchor Rodríguez. I don't play it, unfortunately, it is so beautiful... I bought all volumes of this collection at Guitarras de Luthier, Madrid. There will be also another volume in this collection, a final one, I believe, but still in the works, with 175 Transcripciones (75 inéditas). What follows is a transcription of some e-mails I exchanged with Melchor Rodríguez's son, E. Rodríguez. They are a bit inconclusive, as you can see.
No dia 21/01/2016, às 09:36, E.RODRIGUEZ <info@sonetoediciones.com> escreveu:

Dear Ferraz

Transcripts work is not done.I do not think my father finished.

Best Regards

E.Rodríguez


El 19-01-2016 13:28, Jorge A. Ferraz de Oliveira escribió:

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

I'm referring to your e-mail of April last year, below, and wondering whether the edition of the "175 Transcripciones (75 inéditas)" of Francisco Tárrega has already been finished. It is, certainly, a massive undertaking your father took in his hands and will be probably spread over various volumes. I already the five published volumes of Tárrega's complete works for guitar and I'm counting on you to let me know as soon as the Transcripciones are ready and were can I acquire them (in Guitarras de Luthier, Madrid, perhaps?).

With my best regards and wishing you and your family a good 2106,

Jorge Ferraz de Oliveira



Às 12:13 de 26-04-2015, Jorge A. Ferraz de Oliveira escreveu:

Dear Mr. Rodriguez:

Thank you for your prompt answer to my request. Your father has done an excellent job um collecting and editing all of Tárrega's (and others) works . Please convey to him my deepest gratitude. I'll be waiting, then, for the "Transcripciones...". Please keep me posted.

Best regards,

Jorge Ferraz de Oliveira



No dia 26/04/2015, às 11:36, E.RODRIGUEZ <info@sonetoediciones.com> escreveu:

The "transcriptions of Tarrega" are unedited. My father Melchor Rodriguez finished work but we have not edited. We will do in the future and will keep you informed.

E.Rodriguez

Thank you. Let me see how I can buy it. Too expensive to buy the book for one song. I am not also sure if I can play all these songs as per my level.

Thank you again

Rahul

User avatar
Jorge Oliveira
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:17 pm
Location: Cascais, Portugal

Re: Tarrega prelude in F sharp minor

Post by Jorge Oliveira » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:20 am

Rahul wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:45 pm
.
.
.

Thank you. Let me see how I can buy it. Too expensive to buy the book for one song. I am not also sure if I can play all these songs as per my level.

Thank you again

Rahul
Hi Rahul:

If you go for the full Volumen IV it will indeed cost you € 25,00 at Soneto Ediciones Musicales (see, please, page 5 of their catalogue). However, they have partitioned this Volumen IV into four affordable albums at € 7,00 each (pages 11 and 12 in their catalogue) - Mazurcas y Polkas, Danzas y Canciones, Los Valses and, finally, Trémolos y Serenatas. It is then a question of writing them (their e-mail is in my post above) to know in which of the Albums the Malagueña is. Good luck :).

Jorge
Aria A558, 655 mm, Cedar, 1987, Nagoya, Japan
Hermanos Camps Master, 650 mm, Cedar, 2014 (Nº 3), Spain

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], tnn and 13 guests