Grimstock

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
John Kelin
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Grimstock

Post by John Kelin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi all,

On his CD Wild Mountain Thyme, Scott Tennant plays a Renaissance tune called Grimstock. I had not previously heard it, but I really like it and would like to learn it. Does anyone know where the score might be available?

Thanks in advance.

gitgeezer
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Southeastern U.S.

Re: Grimstock

Post by gitgeezer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am

I have three of his Pumping Iron books. It's not in any of those.

User avatar
Michael.N.
Posts: 6429
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Grimstock

Post by Michael.N. » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:07 am

It's a Playford tune, assuming it's the same one (I haven't heard the Tennant). There's a version for lute on the lute ning site by Martin Amos. In French tab. Also features other Playford tunes. If you can't find it on the Ning site I have a copy in PDF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS3MBgvpS1o
Historicalguitars.

khayes
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee

Re: Grimstock

Post by khayes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm

gitgeezer wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am
I have three of his Pumping Iron books. It's not in any of those.
"Pumping Iron"??? Are you funning with us :D
Ken

gitgeezer
Posts: 2240
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:09 pm
Location: Southeastern U.S.

Re: Grimstock

Post by gitgeezer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 pm

khayes wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm
gitgeezer wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am
I have three of his Pumping Iron books. It's not in any of those.
"Pumping Iron"??? Are you funning with us :D
Aren't iron and nylon the same thing? :)

khayes
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:29 pm
Location: Middle Tennessee

Re: Grimstock

Post by khayes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:35 pm

gitgeezer wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 pm
khayes wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm
gitgeezer wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:16 am
I have three of his Pumping Iron books. It's not in any of those.
"Pumping Iron"??? Are you funning with us :D
Aren't iron and nylon the same thing? :)
Had not thought of it that way - both about the same level of difficulty!
Ken

John Kelin
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Grimstock

Post by John Kelin » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Michael.N. wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:07 am
It's a Playford tune, assuming it's the same one (I haven't heard the Tennant). There's a version for lute on the lute ning site by Martin Amos. In French tab. Also features other Playford tunes. If you can't find it on the Ning site I have a copy in PDF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS3MBgvpS1o
This is indeed the same one. Where is the Ning site? Do you have a URL?

Thanks much!

User avatar
Michael.N.
Posts: 6429
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Grimstock

Post by Michael.N. » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:57 am

http://lutegroup.ning.com/forum/topics/ ... enaissance

I think you have to join the site to gain access. Grimstock isn't listed on the contents page but it is in there!
Tune down the G to lute tuning.
Historicalguitars.

John Kelin
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Grimstock

Post by John Kelin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Found it -- grabbed it. Thanks.

French tab. Learning curve continues.

User avatar
pogmoor
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8676
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:55 am
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

Re: Grimstock

Post by pogmoor » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:51 pm

Here it is in a version originally written for the bandora: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=113911#p1212474.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Paul Fischer (1995) and Lester Backshall (2008)
Yamaha SLG 130NW silent classical guitar (2014), Ramirez Guitarra del Tiempo (2017)

John Kelin
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Grimstock

Post by John Kelin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 pm

pogmoor wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:51 pm
Here it is in a version originally written for the bandora: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=113911#p1212474.
Wonderful! Thank you so much!

Return to “Search for classical guitar sheet music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], tnn and 13 guests