Music of David Moreno.

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

Music of David Moreno.

Postby hoagngo » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:38 pm

Hello! Everyone,
When I was young I had many times to listen to this guitarist's music. I think he played Flamenco music but I can not find his music sheets. I recall few of his pieces which are Los sitios de zaragosa and Aires Moriscos. Anyone has any idea where to find these pieces? I would be very appreciated if I can get them.
Thank in advance.
Hoa
hoagngo

Postby orozco_guitar » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:02 am

Hi Hoa, Mr Randy Osborne in San Jose, CA, could hlp you to find some of music pieces which David Moreno played.
Myself, knowing that David only played musics of other composers, and he himself did not compose any piece, also he did not write down nor publish his transcriptions of the pieces he played !
Randy is vey knowledgeable about D Moreno ( and other guitarists ), you could contach him by his email :

randy@finefretted.com

and here is his website :

https://www.finefretted.com/form.html

Good luck !
Orozco
orozco_guitar

Postby hoagngo » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:08 pm

Hi! Orozco,
Thank for your info. I plan to visit SJ this Christmas time. I hope I will have a chance to see Randy. I really like the pieces played by David Moreno and want to learn to play them.
Many thanks,
GB
hoagngo

Postby Trystramys » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:03 pm

orozco_guitar,

are you by any chance jorge orozco from spain?
Trystramys

Postby orozco_guitar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:25 am

No sir !
I am not that Orozco !
I took the name of one of my
favorite guitar makers, luthier "JuanOrozco" .
Regards,
Orozco
orozco_guitar

Postby Trystramys » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:28 am

orozco_guitar,

too bad! :(

jorge orozco was kind enough to play in our little city for free, and he played with such emotion and technique!

thanks anyway; your comments are always very informative :D
Trystramys

Re: Music of David Moreno.

Postby ishai » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Go to YouTube and search for David Moreno.
I posted some old recordings.

hoagngo wrote:Hello! Everyone,
When I was young I had many times to listen to this guitarist's music. I think he played Flamenco music but I can not find his music sheets. I recall few of his pieces which are Los sitios de zaragosa and Aires Moriscos. Anyone has any idea where to find these pieces? I would be very appreciated if I can get them.
Thank in advance.
Hoa
ishai

Re: Music of David Moreno.

Postby kingfish » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 pm

Hi Hoa,

David Moreno never played in the intense gypsy flamenco style, say, of a Manitas de Plata. He played his arrangements of the more melodic Spanish tunes such as, La Tani, La Zarzamora, Pena Penita, etc. But his style was definitely unique, and among the best I ever heard.
kingfish

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music