Dowland FANTASIA by Frankf. Git Duo

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

Dowland FANTASIA by Frankf. Git Duo

Postby glupto » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi, I've got a record by Frankfurter Gitarrenduo "Renaissance und Barockmusik auf Lauten und Gitarren" - there they play Dowland "Fantasia" without writing any further details onto the cover or in the booklet. I was already looking in the Scheit Edition DOWLAND Works, but it's not in it. Does anybody know, which one it could be. Maybe there is no edition for guitar, but only for lute.

It starts with a d (half note) then two further d (quarter note) and is then chromatically going down for some quarter notes......

Thanks!
glupto
glupto

Re: Dowland FANTASIA by Frankf. Git Duo

Postby GEO » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:22 am

You're partly in luck--I just went through a listing of all Dowland's lute music and there are only four works with the name fantasie or fancy. They are, with the corresponding Poulton numbers:

Fantasia, P1a
A Fancy P6
A Fancy, P7
Fantasia, P71

I don't have the sheet music but I think the Poulton numbers will help with your search.

Cheers,

geo
(US) (GER) The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own - Disraeli
GEO

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music