J.S.Bach BWV 1009 Suite Arranged by Pepe Romero

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

J.S.Bach BWV 1009 Suite Arranged by Pepe Romero

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Hello everybody !

I am trying to find the sheet music (to buy or if it is available freely) of J.S.Bach BWV 1009 suite (originally for cello) arranged by Pepe Romero. Cannot find it by Google or other means. I don't know if he has published the score or not but if anybody knows a source please let me know.

AP :merci:
apiacere

J.B. Bach BWM 1009 Suite Arranged by Pepe Romero

Postby avoz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Don't know if the Romero arrangement of 'Suite No. 3' is available but the version by John W. Duarte (Schott GA.214) would be hard to beat and a good edition of all six cello suites by Japanese guitarist Kojiro Kobune is published by Zen-On, Tokyo. A very fine arrangement of the 5th Suite BWV.1011 (aka Lute Suite BWV 995) by Eva Jaksch is available for free at the Werner Icking site.
avoz

Re: J.S.Bach BWV 1009 Suite Arranged by Pepe Romero

Postby segoviajr07 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:18 pm

I think Mike Lorimer's arrangements of the 'Cello Suites are definitive. You can find the first one at gspguitar.com

I have Pepe's arrangement of the Violin Sonata with the Chaconne, he adds almost nothing, basically just puts fingering to the original.
segoviajr07

Postby Vito Simplicio » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi apiacere,

Welcome to Delcamp.

I noticed that you are new to our forum so please take the time to introduce yourself here.

I also moved your thread to the "Search of sheet music" sub-forum and changed the title which will hopefully give you more responses.

Although not arranged by Pepe Romero, we offer this sheet music here but before you can gain access our library of sheet music and specifically this score, you must first register with the 002 group. All of this is explain and more once you introduce yourself.

:merci: Vito
( vitO )===:::

Oberg (2008)
Takamine C136S (1977)

Classical Guitar Forum
Vito Simplicio
Composer & Moderator
Composer & Moderator

Re: J.B. Bach BWM 1009 Suite Arranged by Pepe Romero

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:46 pm

avoz wrote:Don't know if the Romero arrangement of 'Suite No. 3' is available but the version by John W. Duarte (Schott GA.214) would be hard to beat and a good edition of all six cello suites by Japanese guitarist Kojiro Kobune is published by Zen-On, Tokyo. A very fine arrangement of the 5th Suite BWV.1011 (aka Lute Suite BWV 995) by Eva Jaksch is available for free at the Werner Icking site.

Thx I do have the Duarte version (A major) and have been playing it for years. Just wanted to have a look at Pepe's..... I also have Stanley Yates version (G major) but I simply think that D major (Pepe's version) sounds best on the guitar. Sigh, I might just have to do the job myself :cafe:
apiacere

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Simplicio wrote:Hi apiacere,

Welcome to Delcamp.

I noticed that you are new to our forum so please take the time to introduce yourself here.

I also moved your thread to the "Search of sheet music" sub-forum and changed the title which will hopefully give you more responses.

Although not arranged by Pepe Romero, we offer this sheet music here but before you can gain access our library of sheet music and specifically this score, you must first register with the 002 group. All of this is explain and more once you introduce yourself.

:merci: Vito

Thx Vito !!!
apiacere

Postby Aryeh » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:44 pm

apiacere wrote:
avoz wrote:Don't know if the Romero arrangement of 'Suite No. 3' is available but the version by John W. Duarte (Schott GA.214) would be hard to beat and a good edition of all six cello suites by Japanese guitarist Kojiro Kobune is published by Zen-On, Tokyo. A very fine arrangement of the 5th Suite BWV.1011 (aka Lute Suite BWV 995) by Eva Jaksch is available for free at the Werner Icking site.

Thx I do have the Duarte version (A major) and have been playing it for years. Just wanted to have a look at Pepe's..... I also have Stanley Yates version (G major) but I simply think that D major (Pepe's version) sounds best on the guitar. Sigh, I might just have to do the job myself :cafe:

Don't give up yet! The Romero version is published by Tuscany Publications

http://www.tuscanyguitar.com/

Pepe doesn't add any extra bass notes so his arr. aside from a few octave displacements is just a literal transposition of the original so it wouldn't be hard to come up with it yourself if you have the cello score. It's nice to have a professionally printed edition of course. :D

You're right, it is a very nice arr., Pepe's is in the key of D major & uses a low D tuning and it sounds very low in the register of the guitar making it very similar to the original cello in C major. IMO the Prelude sounds the best in this key but the other movements are a bit sparse to my ears and I prefer the Duarte arr. in A major better for those. The prelude is gorgeous though.

Let us know if you were able to order the music! :D

Best,

Aryeh
Last edited by Aryeh on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aryeh

Postby pogmoor » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:30 pm

The Zen-On Music arrangement by Tadashi Sasaki (ISBN4-11-238501-3) is in D.
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008) and Paul Fischer (1995)
pogmoor

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Aryeh wrote:
apiacere wrote:

Don't give up yet! The Romero version is published by Tuscany Publications

http://www.tuscanyguitar.com/

Pepe doesn't add any extra bass notes so his arr. aside from a few octave displacements is just a literal transposition of the original so it wouldn't be hard to come up with it yourself if you have the cello score. It's nice to have a professionally printed edition of course. :D

You're right, it is a very nice arr., Pepe's is in the key of D major & uses a low D tuning and it sounds very low in the register of the guitar making it very similar to the original cello in C major. IMO the Prelude sounds the best in this key but the other movements are a bit sparse to my ears and I prefer the Duarte arr. in A major better for those. The prelude is gorgeous though.

Let us know if you were able to order the music! :D

Best,

Aryeh

Hey Aryeh !

Thx buddy, I ordered from NY. Piece of cake wohooooo

apiacere

Postby avoz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:58 pm

pogmoor wrote:The Zen-On Music arrangement by Tadashi Sasaki (ISBN4-11-238501-3) is in D.

The arrangement by Kojiro Kobune (Zenon) is in D also - delightful!
avoz

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:03 pm

pogmoor wrote:The Zen-On Music arrangement by Tadashi Sasaki (ISBN4-11-238501-3) is in D.

Thx! I might take a look at it, already ordered the Pepe version but hey, variations are of interest.

apiacere

Postby apiacere » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:06 pm

avoz wrote:

The arrangement by Kojiro Kobune (Zenon) is in D also - delightful!

Thank you my Friend!

AP :bye:
apiacere

Postby Rocket88 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:38 pm

I have the Yates collection too. Just fyi, he offers a free download of the prelude on his website - here's the link:

http://www.stanleyyates.com/scores/prelude3.html
Rocket88

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music