carol of the bells

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

carol of the bells

Postby jonathan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:19 am

does anybody know where I can purchase a good arrangement/transcription of this christmas carol?
Feline digestion has never fared better since the advent of nylon.
jonathan

Re: carol of the bells

Postby arran1810 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:11 pm

The Holiday Gig Book by Mark Johnstone has a a nice arrangement. ISBN: 9780786658886
It is published by MelBay and should be widely available
arran1810

Postby Jeremiah Lawson » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Mykola Leontovych died in 1921 so that means the choral setting of the folk song would be public domain by now, wouldn't it? If you have trouble finding a transcription at least now the music is old enough that you could tackle an arranging project.

I think that this Ukrainian carol sounds wonderful set in d minor with drop D tuning. It lets you thrash out some very loud sections and then quiet everything down.
Jeremiah Lawson

Postby washburn » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:59 pm

In Chris Parkening's Guitar Method Vol 2 there is a nice, but simple arrangement by David Brandon. (I say "simple," because if I can play it, it is simple :bravo: )
washburn

Re: Carol of the Bells

Postby PatrickH » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 am

I'm starting work on a collection of pieces to perform this coming holiday season. Carol of the Bells is top on my list. It's terribly cool to discover that I already have the music in Chris Parkening's books.
"You will surprise yourself with what you CAN do
when you don't limit yourself
with what you THINK you CAN'T do."
— Patrick L. Hagerty
PatrickH

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music