Carlo Domeniconi: The Rose in the Garden

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

Carlo Domeniconi: The Rose in the Garden

Postby TomPage » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I am looking for where I can buy the sheet music to Carlo Domeniconi's The Rose in the Garden. It is from Music for the Little Prince (Homage to Antoine de St. Exupery). I have not been able to find a book/sheetmusic of the suite for sale.
Thanks for your help.
Tom
TomPage

Re: Carlo Domeniconi: The Rose in the Garden

Postby amy3000 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Tom,
It is in book 4 of the Royal Conservatory of Music Guitar Repertoire and Studies series, ISBN 978-0-88797-866-1. That edition which I have is out of print. It's been replaced with Bridges: Guitar Repertoire and Studies 4, ISBN 978-1-55440-311-0. I don't know for sure if it's in the new edition and couldn't find a list of the pieces in the new one. The series is widely available online.
amy3000

Postby TomPage » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:58 pm

Amy3000,
Thanks so much. I was able to find the table of contents for the new Bridges book and the piece is indeed still in there.
Tom
TomPage

Postby NylonStrung » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:09 pm

I am also trying to find this piece as I would really like to see if I can play it, it sounds really lovely when I hear others perform it. The book you mention doesn't seem to be available in the UK (as far as I can tell) and the import price seems a bit much at around £25 plus shipping, especially as this is the only piece I am interested in. Does anyone know of anywhere else that it is available to buy?
“A word of advice Leonard; moody self-obsession is only attractive in men who can play guitar and are considerably taller than you.”
NylonStrung

Postby rojarosguitar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 pm

It is maybe in this edition: chanterelle dot com/shop/chanterelle/index.php?page=detail&match=LISA_NR2=ET1034

go to chanterelle shop and search for domeniconi. It's among them.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...
rojarosguitar

Postby NylonStrung » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks. As there is no content list I will contact them to see if it is in that collection.
“A word of advice Leonard; moody self-obsession is only attractive in men who can play guitar and are considerably taller than you.”
NylonStrung

Postby Milou » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:06 pm

TomPage wrote:I am looking for where I can buy the sheet music to Carlo Domeniconi's The Rose in the Garden. It is from Music for the Little Prince (Homage to Antoine de St. Exupery). I have not been able to find a book/sheetmusic of the suite for sale. Thanks for your help. Tom

Hi
Clipboard01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
Milou

Postby TomPage » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Is The Rose in the Garden in standard tuning?
Thanks,
Tom
TomPage

Postby NylonStrung » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Tom. I've now managed to get a copy of this piece and, yes, it is in standard tuning. If I can be of any help with any further information regarding this piece then feel free to PM me.

Steve
NylonStrung

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music