Moon River?

Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.
Forum rules
Respect Copyrights : Any messages offering illegal material or links to sites that provide unauthorized, copyrighted material will be removed by the moderators.

Moon River?

Postby Kenbobpdx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

I have no idea why but Henry Mancini's "Moon River" is stuck in my head and seems like a good candidate for a solo guitar version. Does anyone know of a good arangement?
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln
Kenbobpdx

Re: Moon River?

Postby Scot Tremblay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:50 pm

Charlie Byrd did a really nice version. So did Laurindo Almeida. This isn't either one (I have them somewhere in my collection) but here's a start:

http:
//adf.ly/2171670/banner/www.*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***.com/pdf/Moon%20River%20by%20Henry%20Mancini.pdf
Scot Tremblay Guitars

“If you can kiss a girl and play a guitar at the same time, you’re not giving the kiss the attention it deserves” Albert Einstein (slightly altered for relevancy)
Scot Tremblay
Luthier

Postby Tarbaby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Sorry, Scot, but we had to disable your direct link because Mancini's music is under copyright. :desole:

Members may copy and paste into their browser. :wink:

Alan
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Languages: English, German, Classical Guitar.
2003 Sergio Abreu; 1976 Granada
Tarbaby

Postby Kenbobpdx » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Scot Tremblay wrote:Charlie Byrd did a really nice version. So did Laurindo Almeida. This isn't either one (I have them somewhere in my collection) but here's a start:

http:
//adf.ly/2171670/banner/www.*** Site blocked for copyright reasons ***.com/pdf/Moon%20River%20by%20Henry%20Mancini.pdf

Thanks for the suggestions, Scot. I had already looked at the referenced site when I did a general search.

ken
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a tree, I'd spend six sharpening my axe."
Abraham Lincoln
Kenbobpdx

Postby Scot Tremblay » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Oh sorry Tarbaby. Stupid me, I thought he's been gone a lot longer than he has (1994 only). And Moon River was only written in 1961???

For some folks, life is too short and for others it just drags on....I feel like I'm in the latter group today.
Scot Tremblay Guitars

“If you can kiss a girl and play a guitar at the same time, you’re not giving the kiss the attention it deserves” Albert Einstein (slightly altered for relevancy)
Scot Tremblay
Luthier

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Howard Morgen published a version in his "10 from Guitar Player" book ca.1992. That book contains his columns from GP magazine from late 80s to early 90s so if you can't find the book maybe you've got the old mag lying around? ;)
Dave
Dave

Postby Harry Jess » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:37 pm

Ken---- If you are still looking for Moon River there is a beautiful arrangement by Shun Komatsubara. It's for steel guitar, but works wonderfully for CG as well. Just google Shun Komatsubara Moon River Tabs - and there it is! You can listen to it on YouTube also.

Harry
Harry Jess

Return to Search for classical guitar sheet music