Tenuto Guitar Support - WOW!

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...

Tenuto Guitar Support - WOW!

Postby Olarte » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:26 pm

Wanted to let you all know about the Tenuto Guitar Support I just bought. It's a great accessory which builds and improves on the concept of the Gitano.

tenuto01.jpg

It's an excellent piece of engineering. It works the same way as the Gitano Support BUT it's a lot more stable due to the following.

- It was designed by a CG player and sold directly from a high end CG shop in Canada.
- It's made of light yet very hardy materials.
- The use of 4 suction cups that are of much better thicker material than the Gitano
- The strap on the bottom is not felt, so it does not slip off like the Gitano
- You can easily angle the bracket without repositioning the base so the guitar does not slip when your leg is at a downward angle.
- It does not squeak like the Gitano, as the hinge is designed so that it opens up and closes quickly & smoothly
- It's about the same size\thickness as the Gitano so if the Gitano fits in your guitar case, the Tenuto will too.
- It cost me about $65 US including shipping to the US. It's only available at

http://www.salondeguitare(DOT)com/accessories/GUITAR%20SUPPORTS/GUITAR%20SUPPORTS.htm and it's well worth the price.

You can get more information at
http://www.salondeguitare(DOT)com/accessories/Tenuto_promo.pdf

Paul Jabrayan from Salondeguitare was a pleasure to deal with. I received the Tenuto within two days of Paul shipping it from Canada to Massachusetts.

If the shortcuts are removed by the mods, please do a google seach on Tenuto Guitar Support, it is only sold in that one Salon De Guitare place in Canada.

My Cordoba guitar fits perfectly in with the Tenuto attached in the Hiscox Pro II case which I also just received too...
(I have Reviewed the Hiscox case here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=38865&p=412753#p412753 ).

By the way, here is what the Tenuto looks like on a guitar.

tenuto02.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
Last edited by Olarte on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.
The Journey is the reward...

2007 - Antonio Loriente "Clarita" Cedar Top\Indian Rosewood - Ergoplay Troster, Hiscox Liteflite Pro II case
Olarte

Re: Tenuto Guitar Support - WOW!

Postby tgwilt » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks for the info! I am planning a trip to Montreal early September and will stop by the shop. Hope my wife (best friend, financial and spiritual advisor) won't flip out!
Cheers,

Tom Gwilt
tgwilt

Postby Olarte » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 pm

tgwilt wrote:Thanks for the info! I am planning a trip to Montreal early September and will stop by the shop. Hope my wife (best friend, financial and spiritual advisor) won't flip out!

Great... in fact I'm jealous. I would love to see Paul's *** The forum is entirely free and free of advertising, commercial online sites are boycotted *** shop... he was very nice to deal with and seems to have a great selection of nice guitars. Who knows you might end up coming back with one :lol:

Contact him first to make sure he has a Tenuto in stock for you to try. I did have to wait a week for him to get a new shipment.
Instead of anticipating the goal, learn to enjoy the Journey for this is where we spend 99.9% of our time.

2007 - Antonio Loriente "Clarita" Cedar Top\Indian Rosewood - Ergoplay Troster, Hiscox Liteflite Pro II case
Olarte

Postby dkpwv » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Not a big fan of suction cups on my guitar finish. I went with the Dynarette.
dkp

2008 Ramirez 125 Anos (Cedar top)
w/Ramirez mediums
2006 Cordoba 55R (Spruce top)
w/LaBella 2001 mediums
2003 Martin D-16GT (Spruce top)
w/D'addario EJ17
dkpwv

Postby JQ. » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:29 pm

dkpwv wrote:Not a big fan of suction cups on my guitar finish. I went with the Dynarette.

Same here.
JQ.

Postby Pan The Man » Sun May 03, 2009 12:33 am

Great review, Ivan! Should I decide to buy a guitar support, I'm definitely going to consider this. :merci:

~Ted
"Music should not be played with your fingers, but with your heart."
Pan The Man

Postby Olarte » Sun May 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Pan The Man wrote:Great review, Ivan! Should I decide to buy a guitar support, I'm definitely going to consider this. :merci:

~Ted

Thanks Ted, Yes I like the Tenuto a lot, Now that I've had it for about 2 weeks, and am using a chair that's the perfect height for me, the guitar is quite stable and I can have both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Olarte

Postby Rick-in-Annapolis » Sun May 03, 2009 7:10 pm

JQ. wrote:
dkpwv wrote:Not a big fan of suction cups on my guitar finish. I went with the Dynarette.

Same here.

Ditto. We've heard enough about how fragile French Polish is. I don't want to attach suction cups on my guitars. Besides, if you have
more than one guitar (and that seems to be the norm), you only need ONE Dynarette!
Rick-in-Annapolis

Postby oski79 » Tue May 19, 2009 3:00 pm

I just got the Tenuto. I used it last night for about 90 minutes, and it worked out great. It didn't slip, the suction held the whole time--unlike my Gitano-- and most important, it put the guitar in a comfortable position and I suffered no back or hip fatigue.

:bravo:
But the Silver Tongued Devil's got nothing to lose, I'll only live til I die
We take our own chances, pay our own dues...
The Silver Tongued Devil and I...
oski79

Postby Olarte » Tue May 19, 2009 3:04 pm

oski79 wrote:I just got the Tenuto. I used it last night for about 90 minutes, and it worked out great. It didn't slip, the suction held the whole time--unlike my Gitano-- and most important, it put the guitar in a comfortable position and I suffered no back or hip fatigue.

:bravo:

Great, isn't it?

If it does slip a bit don't forget to angle the bracket, also you might want to consider cutting or getting a chair that's low enough so your knees don't slope down at all.

It's so much sturdier than the Gitano and no squeaks etc... I never have to worry about it coming off, being loose etc, and it feels nice and sturdy.

Enjoy!

Olarte

Postby Eric » Thu May 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Very cool.... :D
Eric

Postby rufuswashere » Mon May 25, 2009 5:35 pm

What is the purpose of these supports? Do lots of guitar players use them? I've never seen one before.
rufuswashere

Postby Olarte » Mon May 25, 2009 7:50 pm

rufuswashere wrote:What is the purpose of these supports? Do lots of guitar players use them? I've never seen one before.

They an alternative to using the traditional foot stool.

In particular one advantage is that they allow the guitar to be positioned in the 45% or similar angle as using the foot stool, but also allow you to keep both feet planted firmly on the ground. This is much more comfortable, and also helps with those of us who have back problems. Having the left foot raised for long periods of time (in the traditional CG position) can mis-align the spine, and cause fatigue or pain.

I like the Tenuto support the best, because it has proven to be very stable, the suction cups stay put, it folds right to the guitar side, and can be stored along with the guitar in the case. I pretty much forget it's even there. The Gitano uses the same concept but it's not as stable as the Tenuto.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of advertising for the Tenuto, and it can be ordered only from the one site that I mentioned above. But so far it is absolutely my favorite type of support. I'm actually thinking of purchasing a 2nd one for future use in case they stop making them.

Other people like the Ergoplay or Dynarette supports. I find them more cumbersome to use\carry and as mentioned for me the Tenuto has proven to be very very stable.

One other thing you can\should do regardless of what support you use, is to have your CG chair cut so that both feet (if using a support) or your right foot is planted firmly on the ground in a comfortable position. I had mine cut so my knees are actually about an inch higher than my thighs this insures that the Tenuto stays put instead of sliding down due to the slope of my leg if the knees were tilted downwards (with a higher chair).

Olarte

Postby dadsb » Tue May 26, 2009 10:19 am

Hello

I would lile to order one of the tenuto .. but the website is not working any more .. any idea?

regards

André
lots of lattice & double top, 6 course Lute Paul Tompson, , acoustic guitar , H&D OOSP, Blue Fower fender telecaster and some more
dadsb

Postby Olarte » Tue May 26, 2009 10:51 am

dadsb wrote:Hello

I would lile to order one of the tenuto .. but the website is not working any more .. any idea?

regards

André

Andre, you scared me for a second.... I don't know what site you were looking for but the only place to buy it is from SalonDeGuitare in canada

(be sure to replace the (d0t) below with actual dots...)

http://www.salondeguitare.com/accessori ... PPORTS.htm

If the shortcuts are removed by the mods, please do a google seach on Tenuto Guitar Support, it is only sold in that one Salon De Guitare place in Canada.
Last edited by Olarte on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olarte

Next

Return to Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists