shoulder pain! Maybe It's my posture? Need help.

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...

Re: shoulder pain! Maybe It's my posture? Need help.

Postby AndreiKrylov » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Last edited by AndreiKrylov on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at CDbaby, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc. Thanks!
AndreiKrylov

Postby Luis_Br » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Nice, we are just discussing advantages and disadvantages.
AndreiKrylov wrote:It is just curious - if sitting position is that good for 99% guitarists here, than why here are so many people with back, shoulders and other related problems?

I think because playing the guitar is not a natural thing.
I know a lot of pop players who play standing up with back/shoulder and several other problems too...
So I don't know how much problems are this correlated with being standing up or sit, but statistics will see both bad and good players. I think good players can do it right both sitting or standing up...
Luis_Br

Postby AndreiKrylov » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:28 pm

I'm not going to continue this theme. It seems like everybody else want to play in sitting position.
I see that my activities on this forum and in this subject are just waste of my time. I shared my position and ideas and that's enough.
Good luck with guitar playing sitting, standing, flying whatever anybody likes! :)
Enjoy music! My best wishes for all!
I'd better speak by music...Please listen Andrei Krylov at CDbaby, iTunes, Spotify, Amazon etc. Thanks!
AndreiKrylov

Postby Luis_Br » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
Luis_Br

Postby Raj Kumar » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 am

Good to come across this topic..Prior to learning classical music,I have been playing some chords on different strumming patterns where my guitar neck was parallel to the floor.I had no discomfort or pain until recently when i changed my posture to classical guitar style,I feel soreness and extreme discomfort on my left shoulder joints now for the past few days.Do you guys recommend playing my classical guitar on my right leg like ricardo gallen?would that have any other impact in music quality or right wrist ergonomic?i'm still in beginner level and trying my best to avoid picking any bad habit in this stage.settling with the right posture is my ultimate goal right now. :merci:
Raj Kumar

Previous

Return to Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists