Mirror practice V.2.0

Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists, Aches and Pains, Injuries, etc...
guitarguy

Mirror practice V.2.0

Post by guitarguy » Fri May 22, 2015 5:53 am

I occasionally practise in front of a mirror. And promise - that's not because I think I am particularly pretty. :)

With this method I was able to even out a few problems in both hands in the past.

Just recently I came across an app for my iPad that provides a good alternative for me now. It uses the camera to record and replay with a configurable delay. This means, I play a problematic passage of what I am practising and a few seconds later I watch what I did right or wrong. Advantage for me is that I don't have to correct my technique simultaneously when playing. Also I don't have to arrange myself in front of the mirror in the bed room.

The app is called "cu-q" and was probably written for ladies who want to marvel at their new hair style. But for me it does the job studying my hand motion.

Mick the Ramirez Man

Re: Mirror practice V.2.0

Post by Mick the Ramirez Man » Fri May 22, 2015 6:37 am

You know, this thread enlightened me to something ... When I was a rocker many years ago I always practiced in front of the mirror. But, I've never once practiced Classical Guitar in front of a mirror and I've practiced for 6 hour stretches since the `80's! Hmmm ... :wink:
Ramirez 4NE, Ramirez R4 and Ramirez R1

tormodg

Re: Mirror practice V.2.0

Post by tormodg » Fri May 22, 2015 7:43 am

Thanks for the tip.

I use a small tabletop mirror which my daughters use for makeup...works like a charm (its about 40x30 cm so big enough to see the entire neck at an angle while you play).
2017 Yngvar Thomassen spruce
1994 Alhambra 6P (cedar, battered, broken and repaired)
+ various steel string and electric guitars

Sold: 2014 Alhambra Linea Profesional (spruce)

Return to “Ergonomics and Posture for Classical Guitarists”