Stahl, William; Estella Mazurka [FAC]

Here we publish the facsimile editions of older works. Subscribe to the "002 Usergroup" for permission to download the facsimiles of this forum.
Forum rules
Here we publish the facsimile editions of older works.

Stahl, William; Estella Mazurka [FAC]

Postby williamgroome » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:53 pm

Here is the first of three dances from the "Nonpareil Guitar Folio" book one that I will post today. From 1902 is the Estella Mazurka by composer/guitarist/publisher William C. Stahl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.
williamgroome

Re: Stahl, William; Estella Mazurka [FAC]

Postby ThĂ©odore Bing » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 pm

Hello,
I'm from the French forum, and I really don't know who is William C. Stahl... If you have some more informations about him, I'm intersted (I'm curious...). Also the "Nonpareil" name of the folio is quite amusing!

Thank you for sharing.

Théodore.
Théodore Bing

Postby williamgroome » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Hello Theodore,
I have very little information on William Stahl. Here is what I have...William Stahl was a prominent music publisher and teacher of guitar, mandolin, and banjo in Milwaukee from the late 1800s to the early 1940s. Most of the American guitarists of the 19th century taught and played mandolin and banjo in addition to guitar.
In my music library are a few of his books. Nonpareil Folio books 1 and 2, Newton's Conservatory Methods(published by Stahl), William Stahl's New Guitar Method. Books also by Stahl that I don't have include Star Collection of Easy Pieces for Guitar, Brunover's Easy Recreation Album for Guitar, J.C. Folwell's Famous Compositions for the Guitar. I would love to acquire more of Stahl's books as they are very well written for the guitar.
williamgroome

Postby ThĂ©odore Bing » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

Thank you for your answer.
Now I know more about him!

Kind regards.
Théodore Bing

Postby ElĂ­as LĂłpez Cruz » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Late yesterday night (as The Beatles said) I played this beautiful mazurka, thanks a lot for posting it.
Guitars: "La Valenciana" model 113 (1976), "Tres Pinos" SCG-E112 (2007), "Sergio Mercado" 2011
ElĂ­as LĂłpez Cruz

Return to Our facsimiles