- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Tuners: Alessi (ebony knobs)
- Bridge Rosewood (12 holes)
- slightly radiused FB
- New frets
- Sound: great!
- In good condition adequate to the age
- Price 3300 Euro (negotiabale)
- Vewing and trying at my place possible (PM)
- Nearest City is Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany.

I'm selling this guitar because I have more instruments that I can come around to play and I think it should be played!

There is a repaired (Sebastian Stenzel, Luthier) ding behind the e1-hole (slipped string).
The guitar has been recently refretted (Sebastian Stenzel). There are some nail traces on the top beneath the sound hole.
No structural problems, no repaires, no cracks. Here are some pics (pics of better resolution can be made available).
To keep the price of the instrument reasonable I did not have it repolished. But if so wished for, I can arrange for a polishing, possibly by Sebastian Stenzel, but that will cost some additional few hundred Euros...
Baarslag11Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag10Delcamp.jpg
Baarslag9Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag8Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag7Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag5Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag3Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag2Delcamp.jpg
Barslaag2Delcamp.jpg
(Pictures by the courtesy of Paul Jaroslawski ©)

Here are some sound examples (all played on exactly that guitar):

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube

Youtube
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

rojarosguitar

Re: DE €.3300 René Barslaag Classical Spruce/EIR 1983 Nr. Freiburg i.Br.

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:05 am

BTW The different slope of the strings on the tie block don't result from a different placing of the holes. They result from a different knot I'm using for trebles and for basses.
Music is a big continent with different landscapes and corners. Some of them I do visit frequently, some from time to time and some I know from hearsay only ...

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:04 pm

I researched and found out that this concert model now costs 5500 Euro when bought directly from René Barslaags workshop.

Djibzs

Post by Djibzs » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:38 am

On the videos, the guitare really sounds liek a flamenca. Is it?
2016 spruce Renè Baarslag
2013 spruce Dominique Delarue (on sale)

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:38 pm

No, it is a classical guitar, and also set up as such. But it has a lot of this character, but this is also my playing, because I mainly play flamencas.

Djibzs

Post by Djibzs » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Right.
Nice instruments by the way, I have bought a new one this week, sounds incredible. I don't know how it was 30 years ago, but the tone is very characteristic on every Baarslag .
2016 spruce Renè Baarslag
2013 spruce Dominique Delarue (on sale)

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:04 am

Every luthier develops as the the time goes by, but that happens not necessarily on a scale from good to better. As I haven't played a new Baarslag, I can't compare with them, but I'm certain the guitar stands it's own ground as it is when compared to other very good guitars, just having it's own character.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:09 am

The guitar is still available. I did a reality check with the luthier Sebastian Stenzel and he told me the price is absolutely fair. Same with Sascha Nowak. Sascha even wonders why I'm selling it, saying, it's an excellent guitar.

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:36 pm

I made today a new video to represent the guitar on a more known standard material (Lagrima by Tarrega) so that you get the idea.
Of course I'm not a great player. I might get a chance to get a professional recording done on coming weekend.

I can also mail high resolution pictures on demand, just pm me with your mail adress...

Youtube

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:21 am

I have found another older recording done with this guitar:

Youtube

rojarosguitar

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:58 pm

another demo piece recorded yesterday:

Youtube

rojarosguitar

Price is raised: DE €.3600 René Barslaag Classical Spruce/EIR 1983 Nr. Freiburg i.Br.

Post by rojarosguitar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:34 pm

After I raised the price of Alexandru Marian Spruce/Maple guitar I sold it.
I was advised by two very good luthiers I'm friend with that this is a very good guitar indeed and I'm selling it too cheap. So here we go, I'm raising the price. It is now 3600 Euro.

I have two private videos of this guitar played by a professional guitarist living in Karlsruhe, just for giving a decent impression of the instrument. He played it without being even warned that I would have such a request to him, so they are really totally informal and not to be distributed at all, but in case somebody is really interested in that guitar, I can send a link per PM.

rojarosguitar

SOLD DE €.3600 René Barslaag Classical Spruce/EIR 1983 Nr. Freiburg i.Br.

Post by rojarosguitar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:12 pm

This guitar is sold and no longer available.

Thanks for the support here ... :D

Guther

Re: DE €.3600 René Barslaag Classical Spruce/EIR 1983 Nr. Freiburg i.Br.

Post by Guther » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:05 am

congrats!
Guther

rojarosguitar

SOLD DE €.3600 René Barslaag Classical Spruce/EIR 1983 Nr. Freiburg i.Br.

Post by rojarosguitar » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:28 am

Thanks!

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”