US $..699 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) 2010, Redwood, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

spronev

US $..699 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) 2010, Redwood, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

Post by spronev » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:37 am

2010 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) Classical Guitar
Solid Redwood Top
Solid Latin American Rosewood Back and Sides
Neck with Two Reinforcement Strips
Bone Nut (52mm) and Bone Saddle
650mm Scale Length

I bought this guitar in 2011 from someone who had bought it directly from Abelino Cano’s shop in Paracho Mexico. The guitar has a large body and a sound that compares to Ramirez 1A guitars. In fact this guitar sounds better than most Ramirez 1A guitars I have played. It has better sound separation string to string and produces a higher volume. The sound quality does not drop as you go all the way up and down the neck. Both volume and projection are excellent and the build quality of the guitar is great too. You can tell that a lot of precise work went into building it from looking at the finish, the two strips that reinforce the neck and all the joins, purflings and the perfectly leveled and crowned frets as well as the bone nut and saddle. The guitar is very cleanly built on the inside as well.

The condition of the guitar if great too – no major scratches to note, no cracks and no repairs. The action is set low and there is plenty left on the saddle to go lower if desired (even though it will get into flamenco territory if set any lower). The redwood top is absolutely stunning to look at and the reddish hue of the finish amplifies the natural color of the wood. The back and sides are made from high quality Latin American rosewood that fit right in with the top and bindings/purflings/rosette. The action height at the 12th fret is 2.8 mm at the 1st string and 3.6 mm at the 6th string and there is 2 mm left on the saddle above the bridge on the treble side and 3 mm on the bass side. The neck is perfectly straight, which is not surprising given the solid reinforcement with two strips of rosewood. The fretboard is made of rosewood to match as well.

If you need to see other work done by this luthier, please visit his Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/bajosextoscacari. The web site listed on the guitar label is no longer available from what it seems. Even though this is not a single luthier shop, it is a small one and unlike in the Spanish factories, there is more control on quality. This guitar is a prime example of that.

The guitar has the typical Spanish sound of a Ramirez 1A with deep powerful bass and clear singing trebles that balance well with the bass. It sounds better than most original Ramirez 1A guitars I have played. If you are looking for a vintage Ramirez 1A and cannot afford to spend several thousand on one, this guitar is a great alternative at a fraction of the price. In the 6 years since I bought this guitar I have bought and sold about 30 other guitars and kept this one all along, so that alone speaks loads about the sound and build quality of the instrument. I am reducing the size of my collection and have decided to sell it.

For a sound sample of this exact guitar, please see the following video on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zE6tjFGhes

I will only accept PayPal for payment. I will ship to Canada and the Continental United States. The guitar will be shipped in a very well-padded soft case, double-boxed, well packed with strings loosened. I have bought and sold a long list of classical guitars over the years, so buy with confidence.

Shipping: $80 USD (Canada Post: 4-6 Business Days)
Buyer pays any required customs fees if shipped to the US
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spronev on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

rinneby

Re: US $..699 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) 2010, Redwood, Mississauga, Canada

Post by rinneby » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 am

Nice looking guitar and it sounds great to, according to the youtube clip. I'm sure this will sell fast. You did however change the tuners?

Kind regards
/Jon
1965 - Masaru Kono No.5
1975 - Atushi Nakamura No.15
1977 - Kuniharu Nobe No.15
1996 - Masaru Kohno Maestro

Feel free to ask me anything about Japanese classical guitars.

spronev

Re: US $..699 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) 2010, Redwood, Mississauga, Canada

Post by spronev » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:41 pm

rinneby wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:53 am
Nice looking guitar and it sounds great to, according to the youtube clip. I'm sure this will sell fast. You did however change the tuners?

Kind regards
/Jon

I did change the original tuners for new ones as the originals were not very good. The video was recorder while it still had the original tuners and pictures were taken recently with the new ones. The new ones are smooth and work well.

Svilen

spronev

Re: US $..699 Abelino Cano (Ramirez 1A style) 2010, Redwood, Mississauga, Canada (SOLD)

Post by spronev » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:06 am

This guitar is now sold. Please move to archives.

Svilen

Return to “Archives of past "Classical Guitars for Sale"”