Please Note: This guitar is no longer for sale - It has been given a last minute reprieve and I've decided I'm going to hold onto it for now
Not sure how to delete this post - sorry!
- Type: Classical guitar, probably Manuel Rodriguez FC (see note below)
- Scale length (mm): 650mm
- Top: Cedar
- Back / Sides: Indian Rosewood (Solid)
- Fingerboard / (bridge): Ebony fingerboard. Rosewood bridge - possibly Brazilian, not 100% sure
- Sound: I would describe the sound as rich and warm, with good presence, and a powerful midrange. It is quite a loud guitar.
- Condition: Generally good, although obviously used, with a minor nicks/scratches here and there. There is also a fairly deep gouge in the base about an inch long which I have attempted to photograph. This isn't a structural problem as it is well supported by the end-block here.
- Price: Â£350 (+ postage if required)
- Viewing / trial possible: I am in Oxford UK but will post to anywhere in the UK. Trial is available by arrangement.
This is a great mid-range classical guitar, which has a particularly rich and colourful tone (imo). It is made of good quality woods, with a very nice tight-grained cedar top and beautifully straight-grained indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has an ebony reinforcement strip down the back which helps ensure stability.
Unfortunately this guitar is missing it's label so I am not sure of its age, however I am fairly sure it is a Manuel Rodriguez FC model. There are some good photographs of this model here: http://www.wwbw.com/Manuel-Rodriguez-FC ... 3907.music
Note the rosette and purfling on this close up matches my guitar exactly:http://www.wwbw.com/Product/ZoomImage.aspx?sku=773907
As does the bridge, headstock, woods etc.
I suspect the guitar may be 10+ years old but that is a wild guess!
I believe the lack of label and the general condition are reflected fairly in the price (Â£350)
Any questions please ask.
I feel cheeky posting a for sale message as my "first" post - I have actually posted several times before but my account has been deleted because of underuse recently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Log on to the forum and post a few messages to get permission to view these files.