Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Sarabande B minor Double - Video

Audio and video recordings of the works of Johann Sebastian Bach.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Bach, J. S. - BWV xxxx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Bach, J. S. - BWV 0997 Prélude - D09 Video (BWV number padded out with zeroes to 4 digits.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Sarabande B minor Double - Video

Post by davekear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:01 am

Here's a recording I did a few years back. Yea, I know a bit fast; lost the continuity a bit. Too much caffeine that day.
Thanks GeoffB for the embed.

Youtube
Last edited by davekear on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:48 am, edited 5 times in total.

Gary Macleod
Posts: 939
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:13 am
Location: Edinburgh

Re: Bach, J.S. BWV 1002 Bouree B minor double-video

Post by Gary Macleod » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:26 am

Brilliant, I love how unorthodox your posture is and your left hand technique looks uncontrolled and yet you nailed it, not a single wrong note !!!! I like the speed and you play with such easy fluency.

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J.S. BWV 1002 Bouree B minor double-video

Post by davekear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:32 am

Gary Macleod wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:26 am
Brilliant, I love how unorthodox your posture is and your left hand technique looks uncontrolled and yet you nailed it, not a single wrong note !!!! I like the speed and you play with such easy fluency.
Thanks. Yea, I'm an old rock-n-roller. There actually are disadvantages sitting the way I do, so do what I say, not what I do. :D
Last edited by davekear on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stephen Kenyon
Teacher
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 am
Location: Dorchester, Dorset, England

Re: Bach, J.S. BWV 1002 Bouree B minor double-video

Post by Stephen Kenyon » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 am

When I foeget how to embed a video properly I google 'delcamp how to embed video', that gets the right post.
Simon Ambridge Series 40 (2005)
Trevor Semple Series 88 (1992)
Louis Panormo (1838)
Alexander Batov Baroque Guitar (2013)

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J.S. BWV 1002 Bouree B minor double-video

Post by davekear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:32 am

Stephen Kenyon wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 am
When I foeget how to embed a video properly I google 'delcamp how to embed video', that gets the right post.
Here's the embed code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Te6NcUenG2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And here's what Delcamp says:
To display the video on the forum, copy the code after the equal sign =
(If the url is longer, like this http://youtube.com/watch?v=XKxlQ7CKn0A&feature=related, please note that the code lies between the "v=" and the "&")

I tried that and a few other combinations, still won't embed.

User avatar
GeoffB
Chief moderator
Chief moderator
Posts: 32303
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: UK

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by GeoffB » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:33 am

Dave, I've fixed your embedding code. You just need to paste the relevant bit of the the url, namely Te6NcUenG2s in this case, into your post, then highlight it and click on the YouTube button along the top of the edit window to insert the tags around it. Or you can click on the YouTube button first, then paste the same bit of url in between the two resulting tags, both methods producing the result illustrated here. The YouTube button is presumably the element you were missing out.

Geoff
Classical Guitar Forum.

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it." - Steven Wright

User avatar
spanishguitarmusic
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 pm

:bravo: Excellent playing and so virtuosic! I really loved the speed and accuracy of each note! :merci: for sharing. :bye:

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by davekear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:46 pm

GeoffB wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:33 am
Dave, I've fixed your embedding code.

Geoff
Thanks!

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by davekear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:53 pm

spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 pm
:bravo: Excellent playing and so virtuosic! I really loved the speed and accuracy of each note! :merci: for sharing. :bye:
Thank you!

gregwillow
Posts: 534
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: Elmwood Park /Chicago IL

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by gregwillow » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Wow

Lawler
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by Lawler » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Nice playing, Dave! I like this piece played fast as well as slow (as it's usually played in the flow of the partita it's from). You might want to edit the thread title, as this is actually the sarabande double rather than the bouree double.

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by davekear » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am

Lawler wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:28 pm
Nice playing, Dave! I like this piece played fast as well as slow (as it's usually played in the flow of the partita it's from). You might want to edit the thread title, as this is actually the sarabande double rather than the bouree double.
I'm pretty sure it's from the Bach Partita No.1 in B minor BWV 1002, right?. I also play the sarabande, which is a much slower piece. These things confuse me sometimes. There are others, on you tube anyway, that play the same piece and refer to it as the bouree double. But what do I know, I'm just an old rock-n-roller.

Lawler
Posts: 890
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:36 am

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by Lawler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:24 am

davekear wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am
I'm pretty sure it's from the Bach Partita No.1 in B minor BWV 1002, right?. I also play the sarabande, which is a much slower piece...
Yep, BWV 1002. The sarabande and bouree each have a double.

davekear
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:12 am
Location: California

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Sarabande B minor Double - Video

Post by davekear » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:03 am

Lawler wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:24 am
davekear wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am
I'm pretty sure it's from the Bach Partita No.1 in B minor BWV 1002, right?. I also play the sarabande, which is a much slower piece...
Yep, BWV 1002. The sarabande and bouree each have a double.
OK, cool. Thanks.

User avatar
spanishguitarmusic
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bach, J. S. - BWV 1002 Bouree B minor Double - Video

Post by spanishguitarmusic » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:21 pm

davekear wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:53 pm
spanishguitarmusic wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:33 pm
:bravo: Excellent playing and so virtuosic! I really loved the speed and accuracy of each note! :merci: for sharing. :bye:
Thank you!
You're welcome! :bye:

Return to “Our recordings of J. S. Bach”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 8 guests