Wanted Pavan Guitar

Wanted Pavan Guitar

Postby Ray Perreault » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm new to classical guitar and am looking for a good used instrument, preferably something like a Pavan TP20 or TP30.
Thank you for reading my post, I've found a guitar.
Best,
Ray
Last edited by Ray Perreault on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray Perreault

Re: Wanted Pavan Guitar

Postby Beth F-R » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Dear Ray,

Keep checking the guitars for sale subforum on this site. Perhaps you could also call Tom Prisloe and let him know you are looking for a used Pavan, as I believe he sometimes gets them when people trade up to one of his luthier-built instruments.

Good luck,
Beth
Beth F-R

Postby wianno » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 pm

Ray,

It would help if you put your location in your profile.

Jack
nulla nisi ardua virtus ... Ovid
wianno

Postby FHC » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Tom has gone silent in replying to people--either by phone or by email. If he isn't selling guitars anymore, he should clearly state this on his website and phone message.
FHC

Postby Beth F-R » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:05 pm

FHC wrote:Tom has gone silent in replying to people--either by phone or by email. If he isn't selling guitars anymore, he should clearly state this on his website and phone message.

I just spoke with him earlier this week. It sounds like he has become slower in getting back to people than he used to be, but he is still selling Pavan guitars, and I have plans to visit his studio in June.

Beth
Beth F-R

Postby FHC » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Beth F-R wrote:
FHC wrote:Tom has gone silent in replying to people--either by phone or by email. If he isn't selling guitars anymore, he should clearly state this on his website and phone message.

I just spoke with him earlier this week. It sounds like he has become slower in getting back to people than he used to be, but he is still selling Pavan guitars, and I have plans to visit his studio in June.

Beth

Beth thanks for the update. I am glad to hear he's still in business. His lack of response is the polar opposite of his prior focus on customer service. Are you looking to get one of his TP-30's (spruce or cedar)?
FHC

Postby Beth F-R » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm

I am considering one of the short-scale TP30s in Spruce. Tom said they come in 630.
Beth F-R

Return to Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar