What are you learning at the moment?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
Jess Phillips

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Jess Phillips » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:22 pm

jostrat wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:25 am
Prelude BWV 998. As I don't Have a lot of free time it should make me busy a long time...
Good luck and have fun! That is such a beautiful piece that's definitely on my distant future to-do list.
Cordoba C7 (experimenting with strings)

Archibal

Post by Archibal » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:49 am

Flawiler63 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 3:23 pm
Quando la guitarra baila by Fréderick Mesnier, bought from his website. A lively piece, enjoyable to play (and quite cool, according to my son...).
I did bought this “cool” piece way back (3 years ago, maybe) but have not the courage to start playing it. I’m afraid that it could be a tough piece to learn. What is your opinion – easy, medium, difficult? I have played guitar for 10 years, almost daily.

Flawiler63

Post by Flawiler63 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 am

Report this post Quote
Post by Archibal » Wednesday 13 June 2018, 09:49 am
Flawiler63 wrote: ↑Thursday 24 May 2018, 16:23 pm
Quando la guitarra baila by Fréderick Mesnier, bought from his website. A lively piece, enjoyable to play (and quite cool, according to my son...).
I did bought this “cool” piece way back (3 years ago, maybe) but have not the courage to start playing it. I’m afraid that it could be a tough piece to learn. What is your opinion – easy, medium, difficult? I have played guitar for 10 years, almost daily.
HI Archibal

I would say it is of (upper) medium difficulty. The (annoying) lack of fingering for the left hand in the score does not make it any easier so I had to check the tab version. But the main stumbling block is probably speed (and sometimes the rhythm). Just start very slowly, don't give up and you will get there. It really is a cool piece.

Hope this helps
Christian

Pajarillo

Post by Pajarillo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 am

"SARANDI" by Carmelo Rizzuti!
By the way, does anybody know the date of death of Carmelo Rizzuti???

Archibal

Post by Archibal » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 am

Flawiler63 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 am
Report this post Quote
Post by Archibal » Wednesday 13 June 2018, 09:49 am
Flawiler63 wrote: ↑Thursday 24 May 2018, 16:23 pm
HI Archibal

I would say it is of (upper) medium difficulty. The (annoying) lack of fingering for the left hand in the score does not make it any easier so I had to check the tab version. But the main stumbling block is probably speed (and sometimes the rhythm). Just start very slowly, don't give up and you will get there. It really is a cool piece.

Hope this helps
Christian
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated. I will have it a go. The piece sure sounds like fun to play! I guess that the video will help with some fingering issues, I hope :roll:

Return to “Public Space”