Tsukasa Ikeda classical guitar update

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
mike223

Tsukasa Ikeda classical guitar update

Post by mike223 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:00 pm

I found this guitar and ended up buying it without knowing much about. The price was OK and it sounded sweet .The following is info another member giving his thought on this guitar
The one that you've shown (made by Tsukasa Ikeda) is (in the level of Kohno and Sakurai, for instance), because his name is not well known as a luthier. But if the guitar is well made with a good german spruce top & Brazilian rosewood sides/back, it would never be cheap.
The Ikeda guitar seems to be refinished and the top has a crack which is repaired, but still looks wonderful. It's built in the Hauser I style (though the bridge/saddle has the pattern of Ramirez III) with great tone woods only available decades ago probably up until the mid 70s; the figured European spruce top reminds me of the ones used by Manouk Papazian and David Rubio in the 60s, and the dark straight grained quoter sawn Brazilian rosewood sides/back of the ones by Manuel Velazquez. Seems to be a serious one.
Another never made a comment
Hello,
In case you needed copy-pastable text, the label reads 武藤久子サンノ為ニ之ヲ製作 昭和四十五年八月 池田司. It would appear that somebody called Ikeda Tsukasa ran a guitar school at some point. If you search for 池田司 ギター (Ikeda Tsukasa guitar), you will get a video of a Russian youth playing Recuerdos de la Alhambra on nicovideo. The description says he was a pupil at Ikeda Tsukasa's school in Tokyo. You can also find a mention of another of Ikeda Tsukasa's pupils giving a concert at a church in Yodobashi, Tokyo. His name is Ikeda Hirori (池田宏里) so I guess they are related.

I have no proof that this guy ever made guitars although it would make sense if he were the same person as the luthier who made your guitar..
Some pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guitarist_le

Re:  Tsukasa Ikeda classical guitar update

Post by guitarist_le » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 pm

Nice find! it looks like a pretty nice guitar. Post a video sometime! Would love to hear it.

Return to “Public Space”