What are you learning at the moment?

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
User avatar
S.H.Tan
Amateur luthier
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:50 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by S.H.Tan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:47 am

Cantico, from "Five pieces from Venezuela", by Vicente Emilio Sojo
S.H.Tan
http://guitarkumiko.blogspot.com
1974 Yamaha CG151S (Redo finish to FP)
1978 Hashimoto G212
2018 S.H.Tan#001 (Spruce/Mahogany/Cypress)
2018 S.H.Tan#002 (Spruce/Sapele/Cypress)

Golfgnome
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Golfgnome » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:39 pm

goinbaroke wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:37 am
I'm working on Llobets 'El Noy de la Mare' (The Son of the Virgin) :D
That's a beautiful piece.

Telespargel
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:34 pm
Location: Berlin

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Telespargel » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:17 pm

Eduardo Sainz de la Maza - Habanera
Enrique Granados - Andaluza (Spanish Dance No 5)

Dartez82
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Dartez82 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Barrios prelude op5 no1
_______________________________________
2018 Cervantes Signature Rodriguez
2013 Cervantes Studio Millenia PE

frankao999
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by frankao999 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm

working on variations on a theme by Scriabin by Tansman. Super beatiful. very enjoyable, I'm loving this piece!

Egger 2008
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Egger 2008 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:19 am

Polishing: El Decameron Negro, Granados Danza Espanola No.5, HVL Etude 7&8, Sanz Canarios, Bach Prelude 1006a

Learning: Aguado Rondo in A Minor, Bach Prelude, Fugue and Allegro 998

Considering: Diabelli Sonata in A, Torroba Sonatina, Scarlatti Sonatas

Working on LRSM programme but still not decided on material yet.

Pajarillo
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Pajarillo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:15 pm

Antonio Sinopoli - ESTUDIO №2 (Sonatina)

User avatar
psmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by psmi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Apart from beautiful etudes from 2nd Sagreras book, I learn:

1) Gabriel's Oboe in Mauro di Domenico's arrangement
2) Andrew York's Home

Seem both will take quite some time to learn properly, but there is no hurry, I enjoy both..

Polishing:
1) Once Upon a Time in the West (Michael Marc arrangement)
2) Hans Zimmer's Time

For near future I plan to revisit Cavatina after not trying it for a year or so....

I am quite surprised about my interest in soundtracks, i have never been into it so much.. ;)
"If you want to discover the Universe, discover your Self." Gautama Buddha

Esteve 6PS 2007
Camps Sonata Satin - solid spruce
Manuel Rodriguez Caballero 11 - solid cedar

Pajarillo
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Pajarillo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Antonio Sinopoli - SCHERZO!

Pajarillo
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Pajarillo » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:31 pm

psmi wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm
Apart from beautiful etudes from 2nd Sagreras book, I learn:

1) Gabriel's Oboe in Mauro di Domenico's arrangement
2) Andrew York's Home

Seem both will take quite some time to learn properly, but there is no hurry, I enjoy both..

Polishing:
1) Once Upon a Time in the West (Michael Marc arrangement)
2) Hans Zimmer's Time

For near future I plan to revisit Cavatina after not trying it for a year or so....

I am quite surprised about my interest in soundtracks, i have never been into it so much.. ;)
Hi friend!
What is Hans Zimmer's Time? One of my pupils asked me for this music because he wanted to play it. I listened the clip in the Internet and understood that this is background music for the movie. No particular melody. I can't imagine how it might be played on guitar. Do you play the arrangement? Who did it? Is it nice and playable on guitar?

User avatar
psmi
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 am
Location: Czech Republic

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by psmi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Pajarillo wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:31 pm
Hi friend!
What is Hans Zimmer's Time? One of my pupils asked me for this music because he wanted to play it. I listened the clip in the Internet and understood that this is background music for the movie. No particular melody. I can't imagine how it might be played on guitar. Do you play the arrangement? Who did it? Is it nice and playable on guitar?
Hi Pajarillo,
Yes, it is a background music from movie Inception. I play the arrangement from Eiro Nareth in Drop D tuning, which you can easily find on YouTube as it has almost 4mio views.
But there are more arrangements from which you can choose.

Of course he plays it on acoustic guitar with a lot of reverb added etc.. However I like it on CG as well, mostly because i really like the movie where it comes from. The movie is about lucid dreaming.
From music point of view it is quite simple arpeggiated chord progression. The arrangement is not difficult, if you will buy it from Eiro, you will get tabs and video lesson where he plays it in slow tempo as well.
"If you want to discover the Universe, discover your Self." Gautama Buddha

Esteve 6PS 2007
Camps Sonata Satin - solid spruce
Manuel Rodriguez Caballero 11 - solid cedar

User avatar
Erik Zurcher
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17271
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: The Hague, Netherlands

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Erik Zurcher » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Francis Poulenc - Sarabande. Simple piece, very hard to play musically
Reedition Domingo Esteso by Conde Hermanos 2004; Kenny Hill, model Barcelona 2001
"While you try to master classical guitar, prepare for a slave's life: the guitar will forever be your master and you its slave".

User avatar
andreas777
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by andreas777 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:20 am

I have learned (and memorized) Gymnopédie #1 by Eric Satie today.
Happiness is when what you think what you say and what you do are in harmony.

User avatar
dropbydrop
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Italy

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by dropbydrop » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 am

Moon River, an easy arrangement by Jeremy Choi.
http://affettomnc.com/tabs/?pageid=1&ui ... d=document
first comes right, than comes fast!

Pajarillo
Posts: 502
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 am

Re: What are you learning at the moment?

Post by Pajarillo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:08 am

psmi wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 pm
Pajarillo wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:31 pm
Hi friend!
What is Hans Zimmer's Time? One of my pupils asked me for this music because he wanted to play it. I listened the clip in the Internet and understood that this is background music for the movie. No particular melody. I can't imagine how it might be played on guitar. Do you play the arrangement? Who did it? Is it nice and playable on guitar?
Hi Pajarillo,
Yes, it is a background music from movie Inception. I play the arrangement from Eiro Nareth in Drop D tuning, which you can easily find on YouTube as it has almost 4mio views.
But there are more arrangements from which you can choose.

Of course he plays it on acoustic guitar with a lot of reverb added etc.. However I like it on CG as well, mostly because i really like the movie where it comes from. The movie is about lucid dreaming.
From music point of view it is quite simple arpeggiated chord progression. The arrangement is not difficult, if you will buy it from Eiro, you will get tabs and video lesson where he plays it in slow tempo as well.
Thank you friend for explanation!

Return to “Public Space”