Antonio Picado 60

Discussions relating to the classical guitar which don't fit elsewhere.
tateharmann

Re: Antonio Picado 60

Post by tateharmann » Wed May 23, 2012 5:16 pm

Cool thanks!
"One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

Pentti Kotilainen

Post by Pentti Kotilainen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Chelson is certainly right about the strings on Picado 60. I have a Picado 60 and it's not long time ago when I asked Antonio Picado's son (he speaks English) about the issue. He said that this model is delivered with D'Addario Pro-Arte strings.

Rob Graft

Post by Rob Graft » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Wow I love this guitar. And I think its as every bit as good as my c1.

chinyc

Post by chinyc » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:44 am

How would you compare your picado to your loriente?
Cordoba Custom Artist SP/IN

Rob Graft

Post by Rob Graft » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:56 am

chinyc wrote:How would you compare your picado to your loriente?

Well the Lorientes play just and nice and comfortable
but there's way more volume with the Picados and clarity.
Its hard to explain but the Lorientes have a more muted sound or muddy where as the
Picados have a more clear and even sound and very sweet like in the trebles.
You can definitely hear the difference when you play them side by side. I feel for the money I'm getting way more guitar with the Picados and in the models they are very close to the same price range. If I could do it all over I wish I would of knew about the Picados when I purchased the Lorientes because I would of bought the Picados. After reading Jonnys topic on them I decided to take the plunge and try them and I'm glad I did. :D

tmblweed1

Post by tmblweed1 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:59 am

chelson wrote:As promised...my Antonio Picado 60 is finally here. Think this is ever the first detailed photo shots for Antonio Picado 60 guitar that can be found in this forum, beside the model 54. In fact, I had a hard time finding them in Internet. Nevertheless, please excuse my photographic skill as I'm no professional.

I can't really describe whether its sound is loud or not, because this is my very first handmade guitar (and perhaps the last), so I can't compare it like what Jonny has done. However, I do realise its harmonics is very loud and all tones are well balanced. I truly love this guitar and appreciate its sound. Will try my best to take good care of it, and hope it will last and last...as long as I can still play it.

Some of the photos are cropped due to forum default. Copy/view the link to see the full picture.

Very nice...I now have a Picado 60, and though I have replaced the tuners w/ the new Sloane type I can say this guitar is all one could hope for. Beautiful tone, volume and sustain. The trebles are like church bells, and the bass will resonate in your chest down to your heart.
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.
Shunryu Suzuki-roshi 1905 1971

Tom

Post by Tom » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:09 am

Good to see this old thread being active again... It will be interesting for Chelson to share how the sound has opened for this lovely guitar.

chelson

Post by chelson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:11 pm

Wait till my wife not around at home then I'll try do some simple recordings to share. All by chance. Hahaha! Now going on quietly with the silent girl from Indonesia.
Without heart and desire, talent is nothing.

tmblweed1

Post by tmblweed1 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:39 am

chelson wrote:
tateharmann wrote:Hi Guys. I have a quick question for both of you. What strings do you like to play on your Picado's?

Thanks,
Tate
If not wrong fitted with D'Addario Pro-Arte when delivered - ok.
Then, I changed to D'Addario EXP45 - ok.
Then, Savarez Corum Alliance 500ARJ Mixed Tension - felt treble nice but overall too hard for me.
Finally settled with Dogal Diamante Regular - soft and gentle. I usually spent quite a long time practising daily, if wife don't make noise on listening to repeats. So softer string can last me much longer. After all, I don't need the loudness as I'm not performing. Its also not the stress I need on my fingers but the enjoyment and sense of achievement in completing every pieces precisely on what I want. So comfort is my concern over how they sound, which is rather subjective.

Cheers!
cheese
I also have a fairly new Picado 60, I did email Angel about some things and he suggested that I use Saverez 540J, which is what he put on at the shop.
As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw.

Estevende

Post by Estevende » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:18 pm

What a beautiful guitar! I'm sure everyone (that is not a guitarist) thinks I have too many guitars. I love them all, and find qualities that I can appreciate in each of them. Some of them are inexpensive guitars, but I wouldn't call any of them "cheap"...well, maybe one or two but even those have their qualities and sentimental value. Each has its own distinctive voice and playability. The ones that are harder to coax beautiful music from merely enable me to appreciate the better ones. I try to play on them all, although some don't get played as often as others. I think perhaps the reason I have so many now, is due to the fact that I only had one to play on for 20 something years before I started buying and trying out all the other various makes I'd always heard about. Anyway, I wish you the best with your new guitar, it sure is beautiful.

tmblweed1

Post by tmblweed1 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:46 am

Have ordered a C1 cedar,

chelson

Post by chelson » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am

Finally, manage to record her sound! Please ignore the playing. It's only to present how her sounds like.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4Huv ... Xl2dDV3TWM
Without heart and desire, talent is nothing.

Tom

Post by Tom » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 pm

chelson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am
Finally, manage to record her sound! Please ignore the playing. It's only to present how her sounds like.

That's a long overdue recording :casque:

keithwwk

Post by keithwwk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:14 am

chelson wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am

:bravo: Lovely! :merci:
Antonio Picado Model 60 Spruce 2017
Esteve Mod 1.4ST Spruce 2003
M.Sakurai No.5 Cedar 1976
Yamaha G225

Return to “Public Space”