Looking for Help with a Notation Problem

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
PeteJ

Looking for Help with a Notation Problem

Post by PeteJ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I have a piece in ABA form that repeats da capo from the end of B. The last bar of A needs to be different for the ending so I want to jump to a one bar coda second time around. My problem is that I can't persuade Musescore to do it, This may be my fault and almost certainly is.

How would you tell the player to jump to the coda second time around? The 'to coda' instruction doesn't seem to work but I may using the markers incorrectly. .

bert

Re: Looking for Help with a Notation Problem

Post by bert » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm

coda.jpg
This worked for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Yes! Thanks Bert. So why won't this work when I set it up? I'll try again in case I was having an off-day.

bert

Post by bert » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:08 pm

It's made with version 2.0.2, on linux, fwiw.

PeteJ

Post by PeteJ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

Aha. problem solved. I thought I could get away with not separating the coda but it seems not to like this. It needed a DC al segno in the end but all is well. Many thanks for taking the trouble. It was, of course, just my stupidity.

bert

Post by bert » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:59 am

Glad it works

Return to “Composers' Workshop”