MuseScore version 2.2 is released today, March 27

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
sxedio

Re: MuseScore version 2.2 is released today, March 27

Post by sxedio » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:06 am

Wuuthrad wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm
I am aware of guitar synths and some guitar to midi, but not the one you mentioned, and didn't realize their was potential for polyphonic recording.

I wish their was a microphone XLR to midi adapter/splitter cable, or is this an impossible dream?
It is being worked on, but it's a hard problem, so splitting the strings into 6 monophonic audio streams and doing pitch recognition on each in parallel is much easier at the moment. Roland/Boss have braved a non hexaphonic synth, the SY300, I don't know how well it would work outputting midi for notation.

The midi controllers (cheap ones like YouRock or expensive ones like Ztar) try to bypass the recognition too and just trigger midi notes by sensing the fretting and plucking finger positions.
(Gr) (En) (very little Fr)

Return to “Composers' Workshop”