Free Guitar Notation software

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
Fingerboard

Post by Fingerboard » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:17 pm

bukena wrote:
Fingerboard wrote:Is it possible to print multiple staves using Guitar Pro version 5?
Go to View -> Select: Multitrack View and then print
Tons of thanks, my dear Bukena!!! :D :D :D

bukena

Post by bukena » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:42 pm

Welcome bro... glad I could help.

MichaelMurrayGuitar

Post by MichaelMurrayGuitar » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:30 pm

I like PowerTab a lot for what it is but it has its weaknesses. 1) you can't write only in stave without a tab 2) it has difficulty in notating properly pieces which are written in three voices or more on one stave. Powertab also seems to be not updated very often and I have the impression it is mostly the work of one programmer and not a team. These weaknesses aside I find it to be an excellent program and far superior to GuitarPro which I consider to be a poorly written and conceived program despite not being free. The other advantage to PowerTab is that there is an online tab community that collaborates and checks over each others tabs so most of the tabs in PowerTab on the internet are reasonably accurate while the percentage of accurate tabs written in GuitarPro or simply notepad style is quite low.

Return to “Composers' Workshop”