composing application for ipad

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
ceddia

composing application for ipad

Post by ceddia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Does anyone use the ipad to compose music and if so which applications do you use.
I like a program that I can write the notes but also at the same time can hear them back after I wrote it.

Thanks for your suggestions.
:D :D

pogmoor

Re: composing application for ipad

Post by pogmoor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:50 pm

The only notation program I've come across for iPad that looks any good is Notion!
Eric from GuitarLoot
Renaissance and Baroque freak; classical guitars by Lester Backshall (2008), Ramirez (Guitarra del Tiempo 2017),
Yamaha (SLG 130NW silent classical guitar 2014).

Theresa de Prat

Post by Theresa de Prat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:18 pm

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know about any good apps for android too?

I mean sometimes apps are available for both apple and android, but for notation, it seems it's only available for apple.

From a quick Google search it seems that maestro is the highest regarded one for android, but I have no experience with it.

Any suggestions? Thank you!!

ceddia

Post by ceddia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Thank you for your suggestion.
I went to their website and app looks pretty good.
They have also Pregression Guitar Tab Editor for the ipad, whick looks good as well.

Theresa you are not hijacking the thread,but on their website they advertise that both apps are available in the Itune store.

Good luck.

Grant

Post by Grant » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:24 pm

Symphony pro is a really good app
Easy to use, quite a few different instrument sounds for play back, even converts regular music PDF's so that you can hear/see them played with this app.
Great value at $15

Evan

Post by Evan » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Can anyone compare "notion" to "progression"? Notion is more expensive and you have to buy a guitar editor for another buck. Progression is made by the same company, but seems geared towards guitar. I haven't seen a good side by side comparison though, and don't want to buy both to find out one is all I need.

scratchy

Post by scratchy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:18 am

Grant wrote:Symphony pro is a really good app
Easy to use, quite a few different instrument sounds for play back, even converts regular music PDF's so that you can hear/see them played with this app.
Great value at $15
Symphony pro is really good but it crashes all the time, hope the next update fix those bugs, but it is a really great app!

Return to “Composers' Workshop”