Layers in finale 2012

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
charles.patrick

Layers in finale 2012

Post by charles.patrick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Hi,

In Finale 2012, how would I enter the first bar of music exactly how it is in this transcription of BWV 846? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568&hilit=846

I've put the minim C note in as a second layer and I've changed the note spacing options so it allows unisons to 'clash'.... i.e. take up the same space.

However, now the note doesn't print as a minim anymore, it looks like the semi-quaver from layer 1 takes precedence.

Is there an option to "bring note to front" or something like that for layers?

Thanks.

Anthony Campanella

Re: Layers in finale 2012

Post by Anthony Campanella » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:17 pm

I'd like to know how to do that myself
Is that an old style?
Wouldn't correct notation be?
Measure.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

charles.patrick

Post by charles.patrick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm not sure there is anything "incorrect" about it, I've certainly seen other pieces written in the same manner and never given it a second thought..... until I came to try to enter it in to finale.

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:39 pm

charles.patrick wrote:Hi,

In Finale 2012, how would I enter the first bar of music exactly how it is in this transcription of BWV 846? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3568&hilit=846

I've put the minim C note in as a second layer and I've changed the note spacing options so it allows unisons to 'clash'.... i.e. take up the same space.

However, now the note doesn't print as a minim anymore, it looks like the semi-quaver from layer 1 takes precedence.

Is there an option to "bring note to front" or something like that for layers?

Thanks.
Hi Charles,

that is possible - but not very intuitive. Take the note head tool and change the note head of the first semi-quaver to the form of a minim.
If you need more details, please send me a PM-

Bernhard

charles.patrick

Post by charles.patrick » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm

Hi,

Thanks, but I can't find a "note head tool"....

I've found a note head position tool or a note head shape tool.

Bernhard Heimann

Post by Bernhard Heimann » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi,

it must be the note head shape tool - sorry, but I use a German version of Finale and made an unprecise translation.

Bernhard

Return to “Composers' Workshop”