New technic/sound effect (?)

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
Piotr Gawronski

New technic/sound effect (?)

Post by Piotr Gawronski » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:45 am

Dear composers,
I have been recently working on a new composition in oriental style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxn3QvkcwbM

I was thinking over some sound effect which could imitate sitar and found that it is possible to disturb the string with a left hand finger nail placed just next to the guitar head. This made quite good sound I was looking for. I know that there are examples of using paper or metal plate fixed between strings, but unlike all these preparations, using the finger nail allows better control over the effect and fluent change to the normal sound during the performance. Of course it requires some exercising to find the proper angle and force.

I was just wondering whether any of You have already seen or heard about similar thing?
I am attaching the score for reference.
Best regards,
Piotr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

JohnPierce

Re: New technic/sound effect (?)

Post by JohnPierce » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:00 am

That, sir, is a excellent music. Thank you for posting both your performance and the score.

Piotr Gawronski

Re: New technic/sound effect (?)

Post by Piotr Gawronski » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:10 am

You are welcome

Return to “Composers' Workshop”