how to transpose scores in computer formats

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
BalO

Post by BalO » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:17 pm

Colm thanx for resarching that, quite usefull information on that site!
thanx!

pacifica

Post by pacifica » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:10 pm

Finale 2006. If you can convert your music to a tiff file then you can import it into finale. Once you do that it is easier to transpose.

masoroso

Post by masoroso » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:42 pm

Maybe it's because I'm a computer programmer that I find Lilypond the best thing to use
It has major advantages, I agree!

I am a linux fan and have used lilypond for quite a while now. The best thing is .. it's free but don't forget that it is the best programme to use without a mouse (you are not lickely to get RSI by using Lilypond!)

The main reason I use Sibelius nowadays is because I need to use windows (I need Delphi for my work) and I hate switching between operating systems all the time (and no.. setting up lilypond and using it in a windows commandline is a major pain in the.. )). Luckily for me we are switching to Qt /C++ right now so I can use linux all the time.. I am very curious which I like best because I seem to get quite addicted to Sibelius, mostly because of the excellent layout and the not so excellent process of debugging lilypond code :D

But hey... didn't you mention to be a computerprogrammer.. I guess the quotation at the start of this post is true afterall :wink:

Return to “Composers' Workshop”