Major Composers of Guitar (CG) after Post Romantic Era.

Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.
Forum rules
III Our MP3, WMV, MOV, OGG, AVI, Authors' rights

Composers' Workshop
Theory and practice of composition and arranging for classical guitar, discussion of works in progress, etc.

Once you have subscribed to the 002 group, you can attach the following types of files to your messages:
Audio : .mp3 .ogg .wav .flac
Video : .avi .flv .mov .wmv
Score : .pdf .jpg .gif .png
Finale: .mus
ekoza

Major Composers of Guitar (CG) after Post Romantic Era.

Post by ekoza » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 am

Hello everyone, can anyone help me learn more about Major Guitar Composers after the Romantic Era and their major works.
I study general music history as core subject. But I do not see much about Guitar Composers and their major works. Is this a bias towards our Guitar...anyway what I want is to study Guitar Composers and their major works.
Thanks.
Last edited by ekoza on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kjetil Heggelund

Re: Major Composers of Guitar (GT) after Post Romantic Era.

Post by Kjetil Heggelund » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

That's a big subject! Shall we begin with Villa-Lobos or Rodrigo? Have a look at this: http://www.musicated.com/cgcl/music/CGCL_chron.html
It might be subjective but here comes my "majorcomposers list" chronologically(looking through the musicated list, which doesn't include everyone): Rodrigo, E. Sainz de la Maza, Santorsola, Gnattali, Asencio, Holmboe, C. Romero(?), Guastavino, Ohana, Garoto!, Smith-Brindle, Lauro, L. Almeida, Carlevaro, Duarte, Piazzolla, Henze, Takemitsu, Nørgård, Abril, Ruiz-Pipo, Baden-Powell, Nobre, Towner, Gilardino, Marco...wow...no Leo Brouwer on the list?? That's my small start. Maybe someone can shorten it alot! :-)

I left out big names that only have written 1 big piece, like Britten f.ex.

Kjetil.
Kevin Aram "Torres", 2009
Stephan Schlemper "Transparence", 2015
Whatever you can do to have a good time, let's get on with it so long as it doesn't cause a murder...FZ

Return to “Composers' Workshop”