Llobet, Miguel - El Testament d’Amelia - Video

Audio and video recordings of romantic and modern music (1850-1940, e.g. Albéniz, Barrios, Coste, Mertz, Llobet).
Forum rules
III Our MP3, OGG, WMV, MOV, Authors' rights

Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - tags (if known)
e.g. Granados, Enrique - op.37/05 Andaluza - D09 Video
or Ságreras, J. S. - op.19 Maria Luisa - D04 (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Ságreras, J. S. - 1/49 Lesson (One digit for lesson-book / two digits for lesson.)
or Anon. - Samba Lele - D03 (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
For more details see instructions here.
File access restricted to members who have made at least 2 posts.
RenaissanceStrings

Llobet, Miguel - El Testament d’Amelia - Video

Post by RenaissanceStrings » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello all,

I hope that this message finds you all in good health. Today, I will be sharing with you all, my rendition of Miguel Llobet’s “El testament D’Amelia”. It has been a year or so since my last post as I decided to focus on technique and musicality rather than on recordings or videos.
In short, I've been studying the classical guitar for around two years now and it would be fair to say that I have never felt as attached to anything as I do my guitar. I spend around two hours a day studying theory and working on my technique and I think this is the best place to get fair critique and insight on my progress. I hope that you all enjoy it and I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a lovely day.

Mohsin

Rick Beauregard
Student tutor

Re: Llobet, Miguel - El Testament d’Amelia - Video

Post by Rick Beauregard » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Wow, Mohsin, for just two years your progress is very good. We studied this piece as part of D07 this year. You nailed the harmonics pretty well, the most challenging part of this piece, save for a few fingering challenges. I struggled too, as you'll see below.

For comparison I offer my rendition from this year's lessons on Delcamp with no added effects. Although I came back to this piece this year, I have been playing it for quite a while.

One thing I learned from your video is to improve my background. Nice clean background and props! My videos have been focussed on the lesson submittals, so I haven't paid much attention to video production details such as this. Nice work.

All this time I thought I was making music; it was making me.
2015 Steve Ganz "Solidarity"
1980 Dauphin D30
1962 Fender pre-CBS P-Bass
National Triolian Uke ca.1930
Almost as many fly rods as guitars
_/) _/)
_/)

RenaissanceStrings

Post by RenaissanceStrings » Wed May 01, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi RIck,

Thank you for your feedback and video. You have a great understanding of the piece and play with maturity. Thank you for sharing. In regards to the harmonics in the piece, they were indeed challenging but as with anything else; practice makes perfect. I have subscribed to your youtube channel and look forward to speaking to you in the future. Have a lovely day.

Mohsin

Kavwel

Post by Kavwel » Fri May 10, 2019 1:31 pm

RenaissanceStrings wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:14 pm
Hello all,

I hope that this message finds you all in good health. Today, I will be sharing with you all, my rendition of Miguel Llobet’s “El testament D’Amelia”. It has been a year or so since my last post as I decided to focus on technique and musicality rather than on recordings or videos.
In short, I've been studying the classical guitar for around two years now and it would be fair to say that I have never felt as attached to anything as I do my guitar. I spend around two hours a day studying theory and working on my technique and I think this is the best place to get fair critique and insight on my progress. I hope that you all enjoy it and I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a lovely day.

Mohsin

Nice video!! I played this piece long time ago! And should get back to it, such a beautiful piece!! :casque: :bravo:

aivarsm78

Post by aivarsm78 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Thats great, after two years of playing guitar! This is wonderful peace, one of my favorits.
Alhambra 4P
Amalio Burguet 2M

RenaissanceStrings

Post by RenaissanceStrings » Sat May 11, 2019 12:20 am

Thank you. I agree, it is such a beautiful piece and when played right it can entice a thousand emotions :)

brendanstupik

Post by brendanstupik » Wed May 15, 2019 1:58 am

simply fantastic recording :) I love the statues as well!

RenaissanceStrings

Post by RenaissanceStrings » Sun May 19, 2019 7:59 am

brendanstupik wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:58 am
simply fantastic recording :) I love the statues as well!
Thanks a lot sir :)

Return to “Our recordings of Romantic and Modern music”