Robinson, Thomas - Bell vedere - Tab

Our arrangements of public domain works or our own compositions for classical guitar as PDF, GIF, PNG ou JPG attachments. These must be tablatures which we have created ourselves, with all necessary care. Since tablature is too imprecise in the expression of polyphony, it is compulsory to include a version in standard notation along with our tablature. Tablatures taken from the internet which we have not produced ourselves will be removed without warning.
Forum rules
Title format: Composer's surname, forename - op.xx/xx Title - Tab - tags (if known)
e.g. Albeniz, Isaac - op.47 Sevilla - Tab
or Quantz, J. J. - op.02/02 Duetto - Tab Duo (For more than one forename, just give initials.)
or Anon. - Packington's Pound - Tab (Use Anon. for all anonymous or traditional pieces.)
Username may replace Composer's surname and forename for your own compositions.
For Giuliani the opus number should be 3 digits (op.048) and for Bach the BWV number should be 4 digits (BWV 0820).
For more details see instructions here.

A version in standard notation must be included.
MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Robinson, Thomas - Bell vedere - Tab

Post by MartinCogg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:29 am

Straightforward lute to guitar transfer but with certain adjustments (original for 7 course lute) where the bass would
go too low. In the original I counted 8 such notes in the piece - I don't believe the composition falls apart without them...
however, I must confess certain of my adjustments involve what I like to consider 'musical humour'... I hope Thomas R
isn't miffed.

Tuning - 3rd string = F#

I saw a reference (Lute Society publication) to Thomas Robinson's 'Bell vedere' describing it as a medley of unidentified
tunes - this being a 'meddled' with version caused some extra giggles on my part :?

I'm sure the original is available on-line somewhere :?:
Bell vedere ~ meddled b.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MartinCogg on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MartinCogg
Amateur luthier

Re: Robinson, Thomas - Bell vedere - Tab

Post by MartinCogg » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:01 pm

I suddenly noticed the quality of image was making the dots on dotted notes a bit too faint - sun came out today,
new brighter picture, dots a bit clearer.

christine33

Re: Robinson, Thomas - Bell vedere - Tab

Post by christine33 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 pm

the original is on imslp :D

and concerning to be a "medley of unidentified tunes": as far as I remember Robinson writes that some tunes are well known (= folksongs), others from other lutenists and some are made by himself. - I think, that Bell Vedere is from the last sort. there is a relation to the "book of the garden" (or something like this) published a few years before the SOM (see the one and only video on youtube, the guy shares many informations)

Return to “Our tablatures for classical guitar”