Armin Hanika Natural PF? (vs Nat Lattice)

Kimovich

Armin Hanika Natural PF? (vs Nat Lattice)

Post by Kimovich » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:30 pm

Hallo!

I just made a deposit on the Armin Hanika NAT PF model to my local shop, because it sounded so loud and sweet. I am a beginner in classical guitar(I play electric and bass), but I am willing to pay for an instrument that sounds absolutely amazing. Playability is #2 and aesthetics is #2,5 for me :)

Anyone own this guitar? I would love to know different people's opinion on what strings go well with it, what the guitar is like compared to lower and higher priced hanika guitara, and also other brands, and your opinion and experience on owning hanika guitars in general!

I will be paying a small amont every month, the shop owner is more than happy to change what I will be buying(Guitar stays in shop until I pay everything), because I said I might be interested in the Hanika NAT Lattice, which is 5000 CAD :shock:. The shop has no stock of the NAT Lattice right now so I wasn't able to demo it, but if I had the option between Nat PF and Nat Lattice, purely by sound, which one would you recommend? I already tried the 58 CF which is over 4000CAD and I preferred the NAT PF which is 2700CAD. The specs of NAT Lattice wins over the NAT PF for me, as I always fell in love with guitars that had lattice bracings. I can't make my decision purely on specs, and I won't be asking if I tried the NAT Lattice today. My ears would have decided for me. Until my ears be the judge, I would love some input on NAT PF vs NAT Lattice from you guys :D

Keith

Re: Armin Hanika Natural PF? (vs Nat Lattice)

Post by Keith » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:41 pm

there is an armin hanika lattice for sale in the for sale section. maybe a pm to the seller is In order to get a better picture?
be true to the one you love but have many flings with different guitars

guitarras en la espiritu de la:
Marcelo Barbero
Jose Ramirez III

Kimovich

Post by Kimovich » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:25 am

Keith wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:41 pm
there is an armin hanika lattice for sale in the for sale section. maybe a pm to the seller is In order to get a better picture?
Its an amazing deal, but he only accepts buyers from UK. Thanks for letting me know!

Kimovich

Post by Kimovich » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:05 pm

I alsoo added a Natural Torres model to my options :D

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm

May I ask where that shop is located? I couldn't find any Hanikas near me.

Kimovich

Post by Kimovich » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 am

segobreawill wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Its Twiggs Music. One is in Montreal and the other in Quebec City. I went to the shop in Quebec City

joachim33

Post by joachim33 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:51 am

I have a Natural PC (cedar) and love it. I have not played any of the more expensive models, this one very much fitted my budged line. My tutor (playing guitars that cost as much as my car was when it was new) also seems very taken by this guitar.

Regarding strings, mine (2016 model) shipped with Savarez 510 ARJ. The 2017 models ship with Knobloch CX300. The Savarez matched it well, but were to hard for my liking. I have good experience with D'Addario EJ45 and EJ43 as well as Aranjuez Suave. Right now EJ43 would be my favourite of these, but that might change in future. If you get one, I would play the set that is on to "death" and then give EJ45 a try.

segobreawill

Post by segobreawill » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Kimovich wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:43 am
segobreawill wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:07 pm
Its Twiggs Music. One is in Montreal and the other in Quebec City. I went to the shop in Quebec City
Thanks, I appreciate it. :) Btw how was the 58CF - it just so happens that it's one of the Hanika models I was considering for a while now? Anything you could tell me would be very helpful.

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”