Best place to buy a new (Bernabé) guitar

Nikos_Greek

Re: Best place to buy a new (Bernabé) guitar

Post by Nikos_Greek » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:13 pm

regarding outsourcing, it does not follow that the guitar is of inferior quality. Bernabe provides the woods to his contractors. I have played a lot of guitars in the price range of an M5 (2K), none can compare with regard to the woods and construction. My M5 is still like new and plays fantastically. If I change it will be for a top line of Mr Lagunar, but this is another league.

Buster

Post by Buster » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:23 pm

Thanks for the info, the reason I was asking is that the newer m20 has a double back and I was interested to find out when he changed the design. I looked at the Lagunar guitar and was about to buy one when the m20 popped up on e - b a y at a very reasonable price. Would be good to hear your review if you get one.

Nikos_Greek

Post by Nikos_Greek » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:53 am

You are welcome Buster. I am Looking Forward to your review of the M20. Is it in good condition? Take good care of her.

Buster

Post by Buster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:16 am

Got the guitar today, it’s in pristine condition and has the sweetest most focused sound. Does anyone know if Bernabé strings are nylon or carbon similar to savarez?

Buster

Post by Buster » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 pm

I think the Bernabe I just bought has a double back, how can I tell for sure ?

Nikos_Greek

Post by Nikos_Greek » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:53 pm

I think Bernabe strings are carbon. I find them a bit shrill, they bring out a metallic quality and a loudness which I find a bit offensive to the ears, at least mine. I have changed them to the Augustine reds, I think normal tension. I also believe your guitar is double back and sides, but as long as it plays well does it matter?

Return to “Advice on buying, selling or valuing a guitar”